Getting up [3]

**Lucy's POV**

I smiled after receiving that last message from Abby and put my phone on my bedside table before walking into the bathroom.

I quickly showered put my hair up in a messy bun and flopped back onto my bed.

11:35pm.

I didn't know if Abby would still be awake, because Keira was asleep on the bed next to me.

I sighed and decided to stick to my promise to messaging her as soon as I woke up in the morning.

I quickly realised that nobody had made me feel the way she did in the few hours that I'd known her and the feeling was unbelievable.

She was smart, funny and incredibly attractive and Ashlyn was right, she was sweet.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face for the first time in a long time.

I woke up at 6:45 the following morning as breakfast was at 7:30 and I sat scrolling through my phone for a little while, before opening Instagram and going onto my messages.

I messaged Abby quickly before going into the bathroom:

6:50 AM Instagram: @lucybronze: good morning, told you I wouldn't forget 😘

I put my phone on top of the toilet and quickly put my hair back into a bobble, smiling when my phone lit up again.

6:54 AM Instagram: @abbydahlkemper: good morning to you too! i'm glad you didn't forget
6:55 AM Instagram: @lucybronze: Fancy going back to the pool today?

I put my phone back into my pocket with a small sigh, deciding to tread carefully with what I was going to say next.

I didn't want my relationship with Keira to end, but it looked like it was heading that way and any distractions would be greatly appreciated and I was happy for Abby to be my only distraction.

I didn't look at my phone again as I walked down to breakfast in silence with Keira by my side and we sat down at the table.

I watched as she got up and kissed my cheek before going to get her breakfast, just as the US team were entering the room.