First Introductions [2]

Lindsey and I were at the restaurant on the beach, drinking water and eating a delicious salad.

"So, " Lindsey says, munching on her salad, "you got your eye on anyone?"

I shook my head, "Maybe if I meet someone here I could be somewhat happy, y'know?"

She nods, "I agree," she grins, sipping her water.

I hear footsteps coming from the left and I see Ashlyn, Ali, and someone I don't know but they are very, very sexy. She's wearing a black bikini, and her abs were crafted by the gods.

Lindsey clears her throat, and Ashlyn begins speaking.

"Hi guys, we thought we could come and sit with you guys to just chat and catch up," Ashlyn tells me and Lindsey.

"Uh, I'm Lucy Bronze. I play for England," she says with an accent, as they all sit down.

"I'm Abby Dahlkemper," I say, looking towards Lucy.

"I'm Lindsey Horan," Lindsey tells her, she smiles at us as we continue chatting.

The waiter comes back around and we all get water.

"I'm going to head back to the room, I got too much sun today," Ali tells us, pecking Ashlyn on the lips and then heading back.

"So, Lucy, tell us about yourself," I say to her, flirting a tad bit.

"Uh, I was born in northeast England. A few miles away from the Scottish border. I have a dog named Narla, she's a West Highland Terrier. Me birthday is October 28th. And yeah, I don't know what else to say," she finishes with an adorable smile and I smile back.

"Lucy is also an amazing defender," Ashlyn says, as Lucy swats at her.

I start staring at Lucy's abs, and she catches me after a few seconds. Shit. She smirks and we continue listening to Lindsey.

I see Ash whispering into Lucy's ear about something in the corner of my eye, and they both laugh and nod.

About 5 minutes later, Lucy and Ash both stand up and I see Lucy come towards me and I hear Lindsey shriek. Ashlyn bolted to the pool and jumped in with Lindsey.

"Lucy, I swear to god," I start jabbing her with playful kicks.

She swiftly picks me up, bridal style and I start screaming but not too loud. I try to fiddle out of her arms and the next second I knew I was in the pool with the others, including Lucy.

I swim back to the top, and I see Lindsey and Ash. No sign of Lucy, and out of nowhere she pops up out of the water scaring the shit out of me.

I jump back, "Holy shit!"

They all laugh, and Lucy apologizes.

"Assholes." Lindsey says.

"Yeah, but you love me," Ash replies, smiling.

1 Hour Later

It starts to get dark and cold, so we head out of the pool and dry off.

Lucy walks up to me and I smile, "I'll find your IG and follow you. Maybe you'll get a message," she tells me, winking and walking away, "hey everyone I'm heading back to the hotel. I'm exhausted, good night lassies," she waves and walks off.

God, she's beautiful.

"Abby? Hey Abby?" Lindsey says, snapping her fingers and waving her hand in front of my face.

"Yeah, what's up?" I say looking at her.

"Ashlyn left, what were you staring at?" she asks me.

"Uhh, nothing," I reply.

"I think that Lucy gal is who," she says, my eyes bulge.

"What? How did you know?"

"She stares at you differently than me and Ash. It's cute though, maybe you should be around her more often. Especially since we are staying at the same hotel and all," she adds with a chuckle.

"Yeah for sure," I say. I'd love to see more of this Lucy Bronze.

An Hour Later

We have been at the hotel, just hanging out and watching tv. I hear my phone ding, and I look at it.

9:45PM Instagram: @lucybronze is now following you!

I smile, she didn't forget. I follow her back, I scroll through her feed and I also get another notification.

9:47 PM Instagram: @lucybronze: hi abby

She texted me. Holy shit.

"Lindsey, look!" I say flopping on her bed, showing her my phone. She grabs it and smiles.

"She messaged you?" she asks.

"And followed me!" I respond.

"Ahhh! Message her back, Abs," she said, I moved to my bed and respond.

9:49 PM Instagram: @abbydahlkemper: hi lucy
9:49 PM Instagram: @lucybronze: wyd?
9:50 PM Instagram: @abbydahlkemper: laying down watching tv with lindsey, you?
9:51 PM Instagram: @lucybronze: about to head in the shower. i'll text you back in a bit
9:51 PM Instagram: @abbydahlkemper: what if i fall sleep? :(
9:52 PM Instagram: @lucybronze: then i will text you in the morning it'll be the first thing i'll do as soon as i wake up :)

I like her message, and put my phone down. I smile looking up at the ceiling.

"What's making you so giddy?" Lindsey asks, startling me.

"She said she'll text me in the morning, it'll be the first thing she will do." I look over at her and we both smile.

"Aw, she's sweet."

"I know. It's nice," I pull the blanket over me, and roll over shutting the lamp light off.

"Good night," Lindsey says.

"Good night," I respond.