10~*Fatal Threat

[Corination Day]

*

GEISHA

It had been hours. Where could they be?! They lost them again! Those chefs don't know when to keep their eyes on the target. Their friends are already in my grasp, what could one possibly be wasting time on? They can't run from me, I know this place like the back of my hand, the entrance is guarded well, it was only time until they give up on running. They couldn't hide from me. Those last few attempts at escaping only showed them there was no way out of my sight once I saw it

I took another look at the mirror, encouraging myself, saying how pretty I was as those pathetic gnomes chattered behind me. A little too loud, speaking way more than they should be as if there was something they were keeping from me. My servants are on the lookout for [y/n], and I need her before the sun goes down. It's dawn, it won't be long now...

I placed the mask back on my face, basking in the small cracks it had, a laugh spilling from my lips as I picked up my brush to tidy my hairhumming that tune [y/n] always adored. We hated one another, but one thing I knew was that she couldn't resist my voice. Something was poking my ankle, and I was too on edge to politely ask what the pathetic welp wanted as I nearly yelled at the gnome, and to make their statement quickly. Exclaiming the death of a gnome.

My force grasped around its neck. They have the nerve to talk behind me, but not keep an eye on the Maw?! It's impressive and pathetic. Yet, I had so many, I couldn't possibly figure out which gnome unless they gave me a description. I had a few important uses of gnomes, and very few were seen as legitimate objects for this ceremony, some holding a great power in which I needed in order for this day to go right. If I lose one essence, this could fall apart. I let go of my grip, asking for a physical narrative. They looked nervous to tell me. The news couldn't have been that bad, right?

"It's Seven, miss. He's...dead"

SECOND PERSON

It's dusk, the coronation nearing,  depths were as shallow as you remembered, Geisha's head illuminating in the faint light of your lighter. There was too much to think about. It was only moments ago you realized you took the life of someone you cared about, only for the possibility that you may lose your life in this very moment. There was a flashlight, on land— feet away from where you were standing. As long as you didn't have food, your chances of surviving this attack were critical.

She beats on the tin can, knocking you off your feet again, hitting the water as your limbs paddled to land. You felt time got slower as she got closer, the water wading with her movements as her hands surfaced, reaching out to you. Your paddling only got faster as you jumped— your hands having a poor grip on the edge as you barely survived to pull yourself up, grabbing the flashlight, checking for batteries. You were safe, for now.

You placed your lighter into your kimono, getting ready to move ahead. You ran into who you least expected. The shadow monsters leaping at you, one by one, scaring them with your light as they ran off into the darkness. You were getting closer to her, and you knew it. The shadows never appear unless you're getting close. Her spirits are always lurking around her keep, following her every move as they take their chances to attack you.

Her humming was another hint to lure you in. You knew where Six was, and that's all you needed to know. The mirror on your back was your key to defeating her. Her weakness was her true beauty; and her true beauty was ugly. Her physical attraction became as awful as her being, and there was no spell to break unless she was willing to change. The only thing beautiful now was her voice, and she took advantage of it.