Skipping (Trashley)

A/N: trigger warning. Gay slurs. Talk about abuse.

Ashley was at her locker talking with Larry and Sal. They were making plans about hanging out later that day. When they were walking to their class, Sal was shoved into a locker. Travis chuckled "Hey, Fags." Larry glared at Travis "The fuck is your problem, Asshole." Travis rolled his eyes walking off. As he did, he got a glance at Ash. Ash was glaring just the same as Larry and grumbled "Keep walking." Travis quickly looked forward. He felt this weird twinge in his chest. They all went to their first period class.

When lunch time rolled around, Ashley was at the normal table with her friends. She was having a small food fight with Larry. When things calmed down, she felt eyes on her. She scanned the cafeteria and found him. The blonde Christian boy. She glared at him. Travis huffed and looked back down at his plate. She rolled her eyes and went back and threw another small piece of her food at Larry. Larry looked at her as if he was offended, "Excuse you! I did nothing that time!" She smiled "You breathed in my direction." He chuckled throwing another piece.

As the day came to an end, Ashley decided to confront Travis about lunch. She went to his locker "Yo, Phelps! I have a question for you." Travis furrowed his brow as he was stuffing things in his bag "What do you want?" Ashley crossed her arms "What's with you fucking stalking me and shit." Travis raised a brow looking at her "Stalking? The hell you even talking about?" Ashley huffed "You were watching me at lunch." The shorter one zipped his bag and closed his locker "Whatever."

The girl tilted her head a bit "So you're going to pretend like you did nothing." Travis looked up at her "Ashley, I honest to God don't know what you're talking about. I'm done with you and this conversation." She laughed "Well I ha-" Travis interrupted her "Don't be an ass. Just leave me the fuck alone." With that, Travis walked off.

Ash was going to stop him but decided against it. Instead, when he was gone amongst the crowd, she looked at her phone and answered some messages while walking her own way.

Next day

Travis was in the hallways sitting in front of some lockers. He was sent out of the classroom for getting into a heated argument with another kid. Ashley was walking around the halls. She was skipping class. She saw Travis and stood next to him. Travis brought his knees to his chest. Ashely looked down at him, "What did you do?" Travis stayed silent.

After a few moments he leaned his head against the locker with his eyes closed "a kid kept talking bad about me." She gave a slight chuckle "What exactly was he saying." Travis groaned "I don't want to get into it." Ash slid down by his side "Dude, come on." After a couple of minutes, Travis finally spoke.

"The guy kept saying how I'm the weird one. How I'm always mean to everyone," he had a low tone. Ashley raised a brow, "He's not wrong." Travis glared at her. She raised her hands in defense, "I'm only telling the truth." Travis felt his heart drop and looked away, "Yeah." Travis and Ashley set there in silence for a few more minutes before the girl broke it, "What did you tell him?" Travis shrugged "That he needed to fuck off. That made everything blow up more. Soon, we were nose to nose yelling at eachother." Ashley nodded while listening.

Travis clenched his fists closing his eyes again, "Now, I have to deal with my dad because she said she will be calling him after class." Ash rubbed her hands together "Hm, well. Maybe you don't have to just yet?" Travis have her a dissatisfied look, "If I do anything to get out of it, I will be getting a worst beating." He sighed, "Leaving that to the side "Why are you even talking to me? Can't you just skip class alone and go do whatever the hell you were doing before talking to me?" She shook her head. He mumbled, "Asshole."

Ashley stood up and held her hand out to help Travis up "Come on." Travis furrowed his brows and looked at it disgustingly. Ashley put a hand on her hip, "I won't bite and I don't have some sort of devil infection." Travis glanced up at her. She paused, "Shut up." He slowly grabbed her hand and stood up. "What now," he asked letting go of it. She shrugged "I want to show you something." She started walking down the hall. Travis raised a brow pausing before following.

Travis had his hands in his pockets and head down as he followed Ashley. He would glance up looking at her. He was embarrassed to even do that. He liked her, yes, but she wasn't someone his dad would be happy about. She was a rebel and friends with homosexuals. He sighed softly. She stopped at a door and opened it and waited for him to enter before closing it.

"Where are we even going? Where does this lead to," Travis asked walking up the stairs. Ashley groaned "Cant you just enjoy a walk?" Travis rolled his eyes "Why can't you tell me where we are going? Are we going to get in trouble?" Ashley stayed silent and Travis glared at the back of her head.

Ash opened another door and walked out holding it again. It was bright and the cool breeze from outside hit Travis. He squinted his eyes when he walked outside from the sun. He looked out above the school grounds. Ash went to a spot and sat down looking out. Travis had sat down beside her quietly.

She leaned back on her hands, "I come here to think all the time. The janitor allowed me the first time he saw me in the hallway." Travis nodded looking at her before looking out again. They stayed silent for a bit and Travis felt his stomach flip "Hey, um, Ash?" She looked at him and moved her hair out of her face "Yeah?" He opened his mouth like he was going to say something but quickly closed it. She shook her head "What is it?" He sighed.

Ashley places a hand on his shoulder "Dude, whatever it is, I'm sure I won't get mad. Unless, you know, you talk down on my friends." Travis swallowed before speaking "Why are you so nice to me?" She looked at him before looking out with a small smile "Because I know there's more to you then the asshole facade you give off." He nodded and brought his knees to his chest and set his arms on them looking out.

They sat out there for two class periods. Travis knew he was going to get the beating of his life when he got home, but at this moment. He didn't care. He was enjoying the view and the company. Ash laid down on her back and looked up at the sky. Travis looked over at her taking her in. She looked at him and laughed a little "What?" He blushed a little and looked away "Nothing." She furrowed her brows "Whats wrong?"

He sighed staying silent. She sat up tilting her head "Travis?" He took a deep breath looking away from her "I like you." She paused and there was silence between them. He slowly looked at her expecting her to be mad or upset with him. But, to his surprise. She was smiling and wrapped her arms around his shoulder. Travis looked at her arms and she rested her head on his shoulder. "I like you too, Travis."