Just The Beggining

Kendall's POV

I stood there, shocked as the tube lifted me up out of the ground. I saw all of the other scared faces as I looked around. 59, 58, 57, 56, 55............6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. As I heard '1' I just jumped. Into the water I went, and jumped onto the platform. '*cannon* I looked over to my right and saw Nia Frazier, district 11. She deserved it. She thought she could win, so she volunteered. Bad mistake, Nia... I got to the cornucopia as I saw an arrow go straight across my face, and into Asher, from district 11's side as he fell onto his side which caused the arrow to go deeper into him. I grabbed knifes, a backpack, a bow, and arrows. I ran off into the woods as I ran into someone. I raised my knives, ready to throw them at whoever was beside me.

"NO!" She said. Maddie from District 7! "PLEASE DONT!" I pulled down my arm.

"Fine, but only if you promise, to do the same to me," I said. She nodded and we ran off deeper into the woods. *cannon* We soon found a little boy, age 14 from District 8, sitting by the pond.

"Me or you?" I asked her.

"You. Definitely. I'm not ready to kill someone yet." She told me. I nodded my head and raised my knife. 1. 2. 3 knives into his body. I watched him fall sideways onto the ground, his backpack right beside him that he apparently got from the cornucopia. I grabbed it handing it to Maddie.

"Thanks," she said. I nodded and we turned around to see Chloe from district 8 standing right infront of us with her arrow ready to fly off of her bow. It flew straight off of it. I knew it... This was the end for both me, and Maddie! It went a little sideways of us and I heard what sounded like an arrow landing in someone's chest. I turned around.

"Don't worry, guys," she told us,"he didn't have a chance of winning, and I'm not going to kill you because of it."

We nodded and all three of us headed off together. Two allies already? Wow. This games is getting off to a pretty good start, well you know, as good as they can be...