Chapter 23

School had finished a couple of hours ago, it was now 8 and I was just at home alone in my room watching Pretty Little Liars. Madison and my mom were out shopping for the wedding and I wanted to stay home. I wanted to take a nice warm bath so that's what I did. When I got out I put on some comfy sweats and a Calvin Klein crop top/ sports bra.

When I hoped right back on my bed I heard my phone buzz

When I hoped right back on my bed I heard my phone buzz. It was from my mom

Mom❤️: Hi honey, just to let you know that I am out with Lisa and she said if it's ok that Grayson comes over.

Me: What about Ethan and Sean.

Mom❤️: Ethan is at the dentist and Sean went out with a couple of his friends

Me: why does Grayson have to come over?

Mom❤️: be nice. Lisa doesn't want him alone after what happened last time. Anyways we'll be home in like 2 hours

Me: but why didn't he go with Ethan or something. I kind of don't want him here, so it's not ok that he comes over.

And she left me on read. Whatever. I just stayed in my room and continued watching my show until I heard a noise outside my room. It sounded like broken glass.

"Hello is anyone there" I yelled, what was that sound

I slowly tiptoed down the stairs looking around "Mom is that you"

I went into the kitchen and the vase of flowers that was on the counter is now on the floor, shattered in pieces. I didn't know how it fell. I picked up the flowers and threw it in trash. I was about to pick up the broken glass when I saw a man with a scream mask in the corner. I started to panic and I had accidentally cut my hand with the glass. The man was coming towards me and I screamed, like that would do anything. That's when the person took of its mask and erupted with laughter.

I was in disbelief "Grayson why the hell would you do that" I yelled

"Just look at your face" he was on the floor laughing

"This isn't funny, I'm bleeding from the glass. How the hell did you get in here anyway"

"Your mom told me there was a spare key under the mat. Though it'll be funny to scare you"

"Well it's not" I was mad at him

"Calm down It was just a joke" he put his hands up in defense

I ran towards the sink and ran my hands through the water so I could rinse the blood off "That wasn't funny"

I cleaned up the glass on the floor and he just stood there watching me. Eyeing what I was wearing, I pretended not to notice. I felt self conscious and exposed by the way he was looking at me.