Chapter 24

Hayabusa is currently in the city of Kyoto together with Kagura. The chief had once again sent them on a mission from which he thinks is easier than capturing Hanabi and letting her escape in the end.

"Is she the Soryu Maiden?"

"With the printings on her clothes, she does resemble the Soryu Maiden."

"You're quite known in the city," Hayabusa commented as he mounts his horse.

"N-not really," Kagura denied. "It is my great grandmother they know of being the legendary Soryu Maiden."

"I see," is only Hayabusa's response.

"We have to be careful not to catch unnecessary attention. Our top mission for today is catch Shizuka who came from the Scarlet village," he added.

"Copy," Kagura responded before they started investigating. She lets one of her demons roam around in order to make their search easier.

"Why are you bringing her with us?" Shizuka complained as she pushes Hanabi forward, making her bump her head on the lamp.

"Ow! If I have my eyesight back, I'll make sure you regret treating me like this," Hanabi sneered.

"Shut up! You look pathetic making some death threats when you cannot even see," Shizuka responded. She was about to wipe off the dirts from Hanabi's face but the scarlet ninja snatched the cloth from her.

"I can do it myself," she growled.

"Suit yourself, weakling," Shizuka spits.

After a while, Hanzo came near the scarlet ninja and handcuffed her with Izanami's power, limiting Hanabi's power to summon her Higanbana.

"That would keep you still," he said as he wipes off the dirt on Hanabi's nose with the back of his hand. "Don't even try to break free for this handcuff would tighten the moment you try to break it."

"Damn you," Hanabi cursed.

"You still have guts despite the fact that you lost your eyesight. You know what? I could bring your vision back only if you follow through with my commands," Hanzo responded.

"In your dreams," Hanabi hissed.

"Okay, have some fun seeing the darkness," he said as he steps away from her.

"I'll go out for a while," Shizuka said before stomping out from the house.

"What's her problem?" Hanabi asks as she helps herself with the food served on the table.

"How'd you get there anyway?" Hanzo asks in return.

"Food must not be ignored for it is considered a taboo," the scarlet ninja replied, taking another mochi. "So, let me ask you, is Shizuka your lover?"

Hanzo's expression turned dim but he chose to ignore it to reserve some energy for he could feel that if he goes against her, a nonsensical conversation would arise.

"Your father told me that he had already noticed that you are under Izanami's power, why did he not capture you before? Like when you killed my father or when you attacked during the village festival."

Hanzo scoffed. "I'm his son, of course, he couldn't bear to see me killed right in front of him so he is sending Hayabusa to kill me."

"You're right, a father would protect his son in the dark," Hanabi said, her eyes turned red, her voice became hollow.

Hanzo just sat in front of her as if it was just nothing.

"Hanabi, I told you just now, if you try to break free, that handcuff tightens and consumes your energy," he informed.