Chapter 32

Hanabi and Hayabusa travelled for 3 long days before they could reach the borders of Osaka. Hanabi has been to a lot of places but Osaka is different. It gives off a relaxing vibe and somehow, it reminds her of the Scarlet village. Upon entering the humungous gates, a joyous and jovial music greeted the two of them. The people danced along with the music.

Hanabi smiled for it truly reminds   her of the old days in her hometown. Since they are new in that place, Hayabusa asked one of the guards where they could greet the head of the village. Just then, they were led to the known Osaka castle. They were both in awe for they had never expected to be able to enter in that castle. Hanabi got back to her senses when the guards opened the two wooden doors carved with gold. A long isle greeted them. On its end, the leader sat with women serving him. They were motioned to enter so Hanabi took a deep breath as she hands Hayabusa the red box from their village. They walked on the isle and met the village chief.

"Chief Haruno from the Shadow sect village gives you this gift. And he told me to extend his gratitude for your kindness and asks for pardon for he cannot attend the festival personally," Hanabi said as the two of them bowed, and Hayabusa had his arms stretched to show their gift.

"What a shame!" the chief exclaimed. "Youngsters, may I know thy name?"

A young apprentice came and took the gift from Hayabusa so they knelt on their knees and face the chief.

"I am Hayabusa," the assassin replied.

"I am Hanabi," the scarlet ninja added with a soft voice.

The chief stopped drinking his sake, he puts down his cup and leaned forward to carefully check on the two visitors.

"You are that rumored ninja who is left of the Scarlet faction. Hmmm," the chief mumbled. "And Hayabusa is that legendary shadow ninja. Interesting.Say, young lady, how old are you?"

"I just turned 25, chief," Hanabi replied with a smile.

"I bet you two are newly weds," the chief chuckled as he continued to drink.

"We're not a couple," Hanabi replied with a delightful smile plastered on her face.

The chief choked and spits out the sake he just drank. Thankfully, Hanabi is far enough from him so she wasn't able to be showered by that sake from his mouth.

"Don't you think it is already time for the two of you to get married?" the chief managed to say. "You better go out there and dance. Show off your beauty and be married, yound lady. Young lad, you better not keep her waiting for time is gold. Oh, I also prepared rooms for your stay. If you want to rest, simply come back in the castle and present your invitation card to the guards."

"Thank you for your kindness. We shall take our leave," Hanabi said as they stood. They left the castle and managed to breathe freely. Hanabi leaned on the wall as if she has been tired of a fight.

"That chief is kind of scary," she wheezed. "Okay, let us relax and enjoy the festival."

"Sure. So where do we go first?" Hayabusa asked as he looks at the crowd.

Hanabi grabbed the assassin and ran into the street of food stalls. Upon setting her foot on that street, a lot of sweet and mouth-watering aroma greets her. She goes around like a kid and checked out the food. She is enjoying herself that she had forgotten to look at the time. On the other hand, Hayabusa is so tired of being dragged around and no matter how hard he tried to keep Hanabi in control, he could not keep her still. Hanabi only became aware of the time when the sun had set.

"It's already night time?" she mumbled to herself. "But I just got here!"

"You really need to be aware of your surroundings. No matter where you are, you are still a ninja," Hayabusa mumbled.