Butterflies

Chapter III

N

I

C

O

Nico jerked up as soon as he heard the commotion outside. He leaped out of bed and ran outside, Jason hot on his heels. He stopped dead in his tracks as soon as he saw what all the fuss was about, sending Jason careening into him.

Leo sat atop Festus, looking cocky and bursting with happiness, like he'd been alive all along. A girl with long light brown hair sat behind him, her arms around his waist, her eyes wide with wonder.

Leo slipped off Festus's back and helped the mystery girl down. "How is he. . .?"

Jason shook his head, grinning, "Let's go find out."

And they did. After a grand reunion, Leo retold his story, using elaborate hand gestures that would've smacked anyone standing within three feet of Leo had they not moved. It all made sense now. The funny feeling Nico had felt when Leo died, it was because he really did die, but he came back. It seemed like there was nothing the crazy Latino boy couldn't do. Nico couldn't stop his thoughts from straying to Bianca, thinking bitterly that it would've been nice to have a special cure to bring her back.

Nico sensed someone standing behind him and turned around to find Will there, arms folded with a scolding look on his face, "I thought I told you no unnecessary strain!"

Nico sighed in exasperation, "I thought the camp was under attack!"

"But it wasn't."

"But it could've been!"

Will sighed, "Okay, but you're going back to the infirmary."

"BUT-"

"No buts." Will said, Nico felt like a little kid again, he didn't help his case any by sticking his tongue out at Will before turning to go back to his inevitable fate of boredom in the infirmary. Will laughed and followed after him.

He reached his room and plopped down on the bed, Will stood in the doorway, leaning casually against the frame. His hair fell into his eyes and Nico wanted to get up and push it back, then silently scolded himself.

"So I have to spend another day and a half in here?" he grumbled. Will nodded and Nico sighed, "But I feel fine!"

"That's what they all say." Will replied.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Everyone says they feel fine, then, they stand up and end up puking everywhere or collapsing to the floor. And then I have to clean it up."

Nico stood up, waited a few seconds, and raised an eyebrow. Will sighed and walked over to him, placing his hands on Nico's shoulders and gently sitting him back on the bed.

"I just don't want to risk anything, okay?" his eyes were so full of concern they almost made Nico wonder if he really was going to die if he took a single step. Almost. But he relented, if it made WIll feel better, he'd do it, Nico nodded.

"So you have to promise me you won't do anything stupid." Will said.

A smile tugged at the corners of Nico's mouth, "Are you questioning my intelligence, Solace?"

Will laughed, taking his hands off Nico's shoulders and stepping back a bit, much to his disappointment. "That depends. Do you promise?"

Nico sighed, "Yeah. . ."

Will grinned and sat next to him on the bed. "Oh, come on, it's not that bad here!" Nico gave him his best Really? face, and Will laughed. Nico glared at him, but couldn't keep it in place with Will looking at him like that, and a tiny smile appeared in its place.

Will bumped his shoulder against Nico's, "See, you have me for company, what could you possibly have to complain about?"

Nico raised an eyebrow at him, "You're never here." he complained, bumping him back and trying to ignore the butterflies frantically flapping in his stomach.

"Well. . . I have other patients. . ." Will looked genuinely sorry.

Nico nodded, "I know, it's okay," he gave him a lopsided smile, hair fell into his eyes and he looked down, staring at his hands, his heart started beating wildly in his chest. He took a deep breath, bracing himself for what he was about to do. "W-Will, I have to tell you something." he looked up at the son of Apollo, his hair still hanging over his eyes.

Will tilted his head, his eyes softening, and a smile pulling at the corners of his mouth, "Yeah?"

Nico bit his lip, thinking, "You know when I was talking to Percy?" Will nodded, "Well, I was t-telling him that. . . I-I used to have. . . a-a c-crush on him." Will's eyes widened and Nico plowed on before he could loose his courage, "But I'm over that now. . . a-and I guess. . ." he stared at his hands, fidgeting and then whispered, "I really like you, Will."

His heart was slamming so hard against his ribs that Nico thought it might burst out of his chest. He braced himself for the reaction, and then Will's fingers were under his chin, coaxing it up so that Nico's gaze rested on his face again. Will's eyes searched his and he brushed hair out of Nico's face. Then he leaned down so their faces were barely an inch apart, looking down at Nico through his lashes.

"W-Will. . .?" Will smiled and pressed his lips against Nico's and the world seemed to tip sideways.

Nico reached up and tangled his fingers in Will's hair, kissing him back and drawing him closer. In that moment, with Will's arms wrapped around him, everything made sense.

Will pulled back and ran his thumb along Nico's cheekbone, resting his forehead against the younger boy's, closing his eyes. "I like you too." he whispered.

Nico collapsed into him, burying his face in Will neck and hugging him tightly. Will smiled and hugged him back, running his fingers through Nico's hair.

*dies 60 trillion times* OMGS OMGS OMGS OMGSOMGSOMGS ASDFGHJKL!!!!! SOLANGELO! <3 <3

Heart Beat (Willco/Solangelo & Caleo)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें