CONSPIRACY

This is earlier in the day then when the last chapter ended btw! (: Carry on, Sredaer

(~•.•)~ ~(•.•)~ ~(•.•~)

Chapter X

N

I

C

O

Nico was sitting on the edge of the lower bunk in his cabin, turning the vial Aphrodite had given him slowly in his hands. He'd beem trying to get rid of the stupid thing all day. It wasn't a mental thing, he wanted it gone but the thing was apparently indestructible in every way and very attached to him.

First, he'd tried burning it, but it had proved to be as fire-proof as Leo Valdez, and just as annoying. After that, he spent at least twenty minutes trying to smash it, but had ended up doing more damage to the hammer than anything else. The Hephaestus kid he'd borrowed it from wasn't going to be very happy about that, it looked like it had been melted and then solidified again on its own. Nico grimaced.

Once he'd decided there was absolutely no way to destroy it, he made the decision to bury it. Deep in the woods. Under a tree. Locked inside a metal box. He wasn't taking any chances.

After that was done, he came back to his cabin, feeling quite good about himself, that was short lived to say the least. He walked in the door, and sitting on his dresser was none other than the same little glass vial, taunting him.

Nico panicked and grabbed the vial, then proceded to shadow travel to the first place that popped into his head, which just so happened to be China. Once there, he wondered the streets attempting to sell the vial in broken Chinese. (He had to learn some considering how many times he'd accidentally shadow-jumped there when he was first learning)

Eventually he sold it to some old lady, saying that it was a magical concoction that could cure any sickness. She was probably pretty angry now since it had, of course, just appeared back in his cabin.

Basically, there was no way to get rid of it at all, and Nico was getting slightly frustrated. Actually frustrated was a bit of an understatement, he was getting to the point where he was considering taking drastic measures. Like barging into Olympus and demanding that the love goddess take it back himself.

The cabin door burst open and Nico quickly hid the vial behind his back and smiled serenely up at Will.

"Are you okay?" Will asked him.

"Who? Me?" He laughed nervously, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? Do you want to come to the infirmary with me?"

"Will," he said, tucking the vial under his pillow, "I'm fine. I promise."

Will's eyes still looked skeptical, but he sighed in defeat, "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

Nico felt a pang of guilt in his chest, "Of course."

Will gave him a smile that melted his insides, and only made the guilt worse "Okay."

Just tell him. Nico thought, "Will, I. . . Uhm. . ."

Will's eyebrows scrunched up in concern. "Is something wrong?"

Gears started turning in his head, What should I say? He thought, I have a potion that could kill you. . .? I was keeping something from you. . . Will, I haven't been completely honest. . . I've been trying to burn a little vial all day. . . Will, I was visted by Aphrodite. . . Oh my gods I'm terrible at this.