Words At The Beginning Of A Chapter

Chapter VI

L

E

O

Having Calypso at camp was pretty much the best thing Leo could've asked for. He'd never had a girlfriend before, despite his charming physique, but he was sure he wouldn't have to look for another one.

Calypso had been spending a lot of time hanging out with Piper and Annabeth, who accepted her immediately. At first it was a little awkward, but once we got passed the whole, "I'm so, so, so, so so, (times that by about one thousand) sorry." stage, where Calypso apologized to Percy every time she saw him and Percy said that it was totally fine and that he was sorry for not getting her off of Ogygia, while Annabeth and he watched closely from the sidelines, everything was fine.

After a long day in the forges, Leo wanted to go see his Sunshine, they were currently working on an Atlas cabin for her, with help from the Athena kids, and Leo knew she would love it, at least he hoped she would. It would royally suck for both of them if she didn't.

Leo threw open the door to his cabin, "Hey Sunsh-" the words got stuck in his throat.

Standing in the middle of the floor was Calypso, her back was facing him, but he could clearly see the gash in her wrist. Blood ran down her arm, a dagger was in her hand, she was staring at it, watching the blood trail down her arm and drip onto the carpet.

"C-Callie?" his voice broke.

Calypso turned around, tears were streaming down her face, but she was smiling. Leo's gut twisted.

Calypso tittered, a sound so relieved that made him think the weight of the world had been lifted off her shoulders.

"Leo, look." she held out her wrist like she was showing off a new bracelet. He had to brace himself against the wall.

He took her hand, tears forming in his eyes, "Calypso. . . why. . .?"

All he could think was that she hated it here, that she didn't love him. . . That he was doing something wrong. But of course he was doing something wrong, the only thing Leo was good at was fixing things. And he couldn't even fix the most important things, like people. He squoze his eyes shut, trying to block out the images of his mother, but opened them back up when it did nothing to help.

Her eyes widened. "Oh, Leo! No!" she put her other hand over his, "It's not like that, don't you see? It's red, Leo I'm not immortal anymore."

Leo looked down at her wrist, she was right. It wasn't Ichor running from the wound, but regular, mortal blood.

He looked up into her eyes, "Oh my gods!" He threw his arms around her, pulling her close. "Callie, you had me worried sick!" He buried his face in her hair as she wrapped hers around him, letting out relieved laughter.

"You don't have to grow old without me."

Leo ran his fingers through her silky hair, "We can do it together." he whispered.

He could sense her smiling, "I love you, Valdez."

"I know, Sunshine, now we should get you bandaged up before you do any more damage to the carpet."

Calypso laughed and shoved him away playfully. Leo grinned at her and took her hand, leading her out of the cabin to the infirmary. He opened the door, Will Solace and Nico di Angelo were standing in the middle of the room, their foreheads touching, and Nico was smiling for the first time since Leo had met him. Luckily, they didn't notice Leo enter.