TWELVE: Olaf's Advice

[ELISA]

[ELISA]

Elisa, Annalina and Ally walked toward the counter, sitting at the stools that were in front of it.

"I'll be with you in a minnuuuuute." Olaf called from the back room. It had been awhile since Elisa had heard the voice of the snowman. When she had transferred to Auradon Prep during her second half of freshman year, she had only seen him at least five times. She wasn't proud of it. She missed seeing him every day but if she wanted that she would have to go back home and she wasn't ready to do that quite yet.

She had only transferred to Auradon Prep because life at home wasn't like it used to be. Her parents had never married and there was no problem with that. But as Elisa grew older they had little to no reason to be together anymore. They had only promised to stay together until she finished her senior year and that was pretty soon. Elisa hadn't seen quite much of her dad in recent years. He was never home and it was rare to catch him on a call with her mother.

She didn't want her mother to suffer through this any longer. She had given her the go to leave her dad but her mother was hesitant. Elisa knew there was something she didn't know. Something else that was aching between them. She didn't know what to do. She didn't know what they were hiding from her but she knew it was something.

Elisa wasn't ready for the inevitable to happen. She wasn't ready for her parents to part but she knew it was for the better. It had been months since she had spoken to her father. He was always busy when she called her mother, he was usually not there. He only ever said hello through her mother and she was fine with that. When this was over it would be just her and her mother. Like it always had. He was never home when she had lived in Arendelle. There had been a time where she hadn't seen him for a whole year and he'd missed her sixteenth birthday. He didn't come home for her birthday, which was on Christmas. He didn't buy her presents, he didn't even send a card.

Elisa knew that this would happen eventually. That her father would finally give up even if he had for years. She knew her parents wouldn't be together when this was all over. She was fine with that. She'd finally be ready to take on the responsibilities of being queen from her mother and her mother could finally relax. Then they would be happy.

With Annalina by her side, things had been easier to go through. She'd been able to finally been able to process it and accept it. Now it just had to be done and she didn't know when it would. She would get her happily ever after. She didn't need a person to complete her but if someone did come along she'd be open to it.

"Elisa! Annalina! Ally!" Olaf exclaimed, clapping his hands. "Long time no see? Ohh what would you guys like? Chocolate, vanilla, cookies and cream, cookie dough, strawberry, rocky road..." he continued to rattle off ice cream flavours, as Elisa, Annalina and Ally waited patiently for him to finish. He beamed when he finished, fixing his nose.

"Rocky road for me." Annalina said with a smile.

"Vanilla for me." Elisa said, pushing a strand of her from her face.

"Neapolitan." Ally said. "I can't choose between the three."

"Alrighty!" Olaf said with a grin. "I'll get those for you."

Olaf disappeared behind the counter, scooping ice cream onto cones and producing it to them. Elisa smiled at him, zoning out as he talked with Ally and Annalina.

"Elisa." Olaf said after a bit, waving in front of her face. Elisa's eyes widened, turning her attention to the very much alive snowman.

"Hi Olaf." Elisa said kindly. "What's up?"

"Oh nothing." Olaf said. "But I've missed you so much! It's been a long time since I've seen you."

"I know." Elisa said. "I'm sorry about that. I was just busy with school and all. I really wanted to see you."

"It's not a problem." Olaf said, waving her off. "It's not a problem at all. So what have you been up to other than school?"

"Not much." Elisa said. "It's senior year and I'm trying to finish it strong and ignore everything that's happening."

"Maddie will be fine." Olaf said, seeing Elisa frown. "Annalina and Ally told me about that. But I know there's something else bothering you."

Elisa smiled sadly, knowing what he was getting at.

"I want you to know that it's not your fault." Olaf said. "Your mom loves you and so does your dad, they will always love you. But them not being together doesn't mean that they will love you any less."

"I know." Elisa said, wiping the tears from her eyes. "It's just you know, I feel like it's me. They're only together for me. They'll be seperated for me too. I'm what's holding them back from it."

"No you're not." Olaf said. "Sure they made a deal to leave each other when you graduate but you aren't holding them back. You were holding them together."

"But they won't be together for long." Elisa said. "A few more months and it's all over."

"Elisa." Olaf said, placing his arm on top of her hand. "You'll be okay, okay? True love is putting someone else before yourself. And they put you in front of them. They love you and will always love you okay? Nothing has to change, alright?"

"Yeah." Elisa said, nodding her head. "Thanks Olaf."

Olaf gave her a hug and Elisa smiled, pulling him arm length.

"I like warm hugs." Elisa said. "Your hugs are the best hugs Olaf."

"I'll see you soon Elisa." Olaf said. "Stay strong."

"I will." Elisa said, as she, Annalina and Ally bid him goodbye. Elisa watched as the shop faded into the distance, wondering when she would see him again.