THIRTY TWO: For Wonderland

"So whats the plan again?" Ally asked

"So whats the plan again?" Ally asked. "I swear I was paying attention but it was a lot to remember."

"Well this is exactly why we're going over it again," Mal said. "It's really simple. Me and Hanna will go with Maddie and Quinn to handle the White Queen and the rest of you are going to to free the people. Easy peasy."

"Are you sure that was all?" Heather asked. "Why was it so much more detailed before?"

"Because we're trying to spare time," Quinn said. "Keep up Heather."

Heather rolled her eyes, rocking back and forth on her heels.

"So what are we waiting for?" Hanna asked. "Let's get this over with."

"Give me a minute," Quinn said, heading down the stairs. Hanna followed after her, peering into her room. "I'm just getting the staff, relax. I'm not bailing or anything."

"I didn't think you were," Hanna said. "We got this in the bag."

Quinn pulled out her phone, dialing a number and pressing it to her ear. After a few rings, the person on the other line answered.

"Hey mom," Quinn said. "I just wanted to tell you that we're about to go and fight the White Queen."

"Don't take anything she says to heart." the Queen of Hearts warned. "She lies. She always lies. Okay? Show her what you're really about. You're much more than what she thinks you are."

"Yeah um thank you," Quinn said shuffling her feet. "Is that all?"

"Free our people for me. Make me proud." there was a long pause. "And tell your father hello for me. And your sister. I miss you all quite dearly."

"Okay mommy," Quinn said, her voice breaking. "I will."

She hung up the phone, leaving it on her bedside table and heading back up.

The group each put their hands out, piling them on top of Quinn's and shouting as they raised them in the air, "For Wonderland."

The group dispersed each going their separate ways.

Hanna's mind was moving a mile a minute. She still couldn't wrap her mind around the thought that they were actually doing this. And she was upset that Elisa and Annalina had refused to help them. CJ trailed behind them, though they didn't pay her any mind. Something about this seemed easy, a little too easy and it was making Hanna uneasy. Why would the woman tout an army she lacked? There weren't even guards when they entered the palace and the place looked abandoned. What if she'd fled before they had the chance of fighting her? What if she was never really out to fight? Was she just all talk?

Hanna shook her head, clearing her thoughts and making sure that she didn't lose focus and that there wasn't something out to get them. What if this was just all a ruse, a trap to get them all right where she wanted them? No. She needed to think optimistically. Maybe it was meant to be this easy. She hadn't been trying to fight. She was just all bark and no bite.

Quinn opened door after door, peering into them and finding that the woman wasn't in them. They entered room after room and still nothing.

"Hey," CJ said. "Crazy idea. What if she's in the throne room? Sitting on her throne. That would be insane right?"

"Yeah totally," Quinn said, brushing past her and entering the throne room. And sure enough, the woman sat on the throne, filing her nails.

"Took you long enough," the White Queen sneered. "We're you afraid to lose to little old me? Or were you having another mental breakdown?" Quinn narrowed her eyes at her.

"No," Quinn said. "I'm not afraid of you. This kingdom isn't yours no matter how many times you tell yourself it is. And where's your big bad army? It's just you and Weston bitch."

"I don't need an army to face you,"

"Or you just couldn't find anyone to join it?" Mal asked. "Really embarrassing if I do say so myself."

"You're one to talk Mal," the White Queen scoffed. "Your won people see you as a traitor. You left them behind without a second thought. And then you stole that little prince of yours and are trying to create this perfect picture in your mind. Do you really think you're fooling anyone? What's your agenda?"

"I don't have one anymore," Mal said. "That's old news. I thought taking over Auradon was what I wanted. But it isn't. It never was. Stop deflecting the attention from yourself."

"And you Maddie," she continued. "If you really wanted this kingdom, I could've given it to you long ago. All you had to do was ask. But then Quinn came along and suddenly you're not okay with my rule? Is this what you want?"

"You never knew what I wanted," Maddie said. "I was afraid then. And I asked on multiple occasions. You didn't care. You weren't doing this before. Jailing and torturing the people. You're a monster."

"And you Hanna," the White Queen said, ignoring her completely. "Your own mother thinks you're a monster. She won't even speak to you."

"And?" Hanna said. "If she doesn't want to talk to me, that's fine. But enough is enough lady. We're taking this kingdom back. We're freeing these people and there's nothing you can do to stop us."

"Very true,"' the White Queen said. "I never thought you'd all go through with this but I was mistaken. Let's see what you're capable of children. If you win, the kingdom is yours. But if I win, you're banished from this kingdom for life and you won't be able to set foot in it again."