TWENTY SEVEN: I Wonder

[QUINN]

[QUINN]

Quinn had fallen asleep on the ride back to Auradon, even if it was quite short. She woke up to Maddie shaking her shoulder. Quinn nearly punched her in the face, though Maddie caught her fist, pulling her up.

She led her half asleep sister through the halls of Auradon Prep, finally stopping at her door and asking her for her key. Quinn gave it to her, flopping onto her bed as soon as entered the room. She hadn't made it when she woke up. Maddie tucked her in, placing the blanket carefully. Quinn grabbed her wrist.

"Do you ever wonder what would happen if you know we lose?" Quinn asked out of the blue, just as Maddie was about to walk out and let her sleep. Maddie paused, turning to face her sister, sitting down at the chair next to her desk. "Like you know, of the White Queen wins and we don't give the people of Wonderland their freedom back? I mean sometimes I wonder, what did they do for me? They let their fear for her take our mom away. They saw that she was worse than her but they never did anything to stop her. They just let her take us away. Her own family. I don't know why she hates us so much. We never did anything to her. It was between her and mom. And she just broke all the rules just for what? Revenge? Because that's stupid." Quinn pauses. "Sorry I just had to get that out there."

"It's fine," Maddie said, frowning when there was a knock at the door. "Come in!"

"You didn't ask who it was," Quinn hissed.

"Hey," Heather said, entering the room with HJ behind her.

Quinn groaned, covering her face with a pillow, "Why are you here?"

"We were walking around," Heather said. "And couldn't help but over hear your doubt in yourself. Which is totally not okay. Because the Quinn I know, she's a badass bitch who doesn't take no for an answer. So what if the damn White Queen won't hand over your kingdom to you? I know you'd do anything and everything until what's yours was given back to you. Your Quinn fucking Hearts okay? That kingdom is yours and you're going to get it back. It doesn't matter if anyone in Auradon is backing you because we are. We always will. What has Auradon done for us? Nothing. Sure they gave us our freedom, but there are still other people who are stuck there. Innocent people. That's besides the point. You're gonna take that crown off her head even if it ends with her head in your hands, understood?"

Quinn's mouth gasped open slightly as she held back tears, "Wow that was beautiful Heather. Thank you."

"I'm sorry I was mad at you and ignoring you. You're my best friend. I shouldn't have been mad about something you couldn't control."

Quinn stood up and wrapped her arms Heather, giving her a long awaited hug. She gestured for the others to join, HJ and Maddie wrapped their arms around the both of them before they all pulled away, smiling at each other.

"Anyway," Quinn said. "The bitch may not want to see me in person, but she does send me letters. Lots of them. It's like she has nothing else to do, you know? Her best insult was that I'm a villain, that I'm like my mom which is true I guess."

"We're villains," HJ said. "There's nothing wrong with that. And we're going to take that bitch down, okay? There's nothing for you to worry about. We got your back."

"Okay stop making me cry guys," Quinn said, wiping her tears. "But anyway, are we ever going to like tell Sam about Harry? Because she deserves to know, you know?"

HJ shrugged his shoulders, "I know that we should. But I don't think we should tell her now. She always gets sad about it, like really sad. And she used to drink for it to be better or cut herself and I don't want her to do that now."

"But what if there are other girls?" Maddie asked. "What if Yzla wasn't the only one?"

"Harry's always been like that," Heather said. "I don't know why she thinks he'll change. But he loves her, he just doesn't know how to show it properly."

"I just don't want her to feel down when she finds out," Quinn muttered, shaking her head. "It's a never ending cycle."

"When she finds out," Heather said. "We'll be there for her. And we'll respect any of her decisions. If she wants them to stay together, we accept that. But don't worry bout it Quinn. We'll make sure he regrets it either way."

"Well," Quinn said. "Tomorrow is the big day!"

"What's tomorrow?" HJ asked.

"The day I declare war on dear old Aunty Mirana," Quinn said. "Now shoo. I need to sleep. Doubt that I'll being do that anyway but I'll try."

The three of them exited her room, leaving Quinn with her thoughts, which wasn't a good thing. She still questioned if she could do it.

But soon she fell asleep and she dreamed of herself on the throne and the White Queen's head in her hands.