TWENTY TWO: Turned on Me

[MADDIE]

[MADDIE]

Maddie and Quinn stood outside of Hanna's room, the lock frozen shut. Quinn had a hand under her chin, stroking it gently as she tried to make sense of it.

"Did Hanna ever tell you she could do that?" Maddie asked, touching the lock and recoiling from the numbing coldness.

"She never brought it up," Quinn said, shaking her head. "I'm sure she'll open it if we knock."

"What if she's sleeping and doesn't here us?" Maddie asked fixing her head band. "We can come back later if she doesn't want us to come in now."

"She's probably fucking Jay," Quinn mumbled. "I never liked him."

"She said they aren't together," Maddie said, furrowing her brows. "Her mom's being a bitch. The last thing she needs is for you to be one too."

Maddie raised her hand to knock, before the door swung open and Hanna peered out, raising a brow at the two of them.

"You two are rather loud," Hanna said, shutting the door behind her and locking it, sticking the key back into her jacket pocket. "What's up?"

"Oh Ben wanted us to meet with him but we lost track of time," Maddie said with a small smile, clasping her hands behind her back.

"An hour ago," Quinn added, looping her arm with Hanna's. "Walk and talk."

Hanna glanced at her, seeing her emotionless expression, "What'd I do?"

"You never told us you could freeze things and do all that let it go shit, that's what," Quinn replies, tugging on her arm. "Walk faster Hanna. There's a difference between being fashionably late and just plain late."

"I didn't want to tell you until I was sure it would t just disappear," Hanna replied, her gaze shifting to the left as she spoke.

"You're lying," Maddie said, a sigh escaped Hanna's lips. "How long have they been there?"

"Since I got here," Hanna replied timidly, shrinking back when Quinn glared at her and Maddie glanced at her with wide eyes.

"Oh so then who have you told?" Quain asked. "Probably damn Jay right?"

"I haven't told anyone but Elisa,"Hanna stated flatly. "Because she understands it."

"But like it would've been great to know," Wuinn said, her eyes lighting up. "We could just you know, freeze the White Queen's heart and boom."