c h a p t e r 2

d a y    3 6 5

"We're running out of food again." Mark reminded Jaebum. Jaebum let out a loud sigh as he stood up from the beat up couch.

"Let's go!" Jaebum yelled out, making everyone in the house rush to where he was.

"We're running low on food again, there should be a gas station not to far from here, maybe it still has food and we can fill up our gas tanks again." Jaebum explained to the five other males.

"I'll go get my gun." BamBam sang as he ran to get his gun.

*

"One thousand five hundred and three." Jackson whispered to himself as he shot a zombie.

"Why are you still keeping count?" Mark asked him as he swung his knife into the zombie.

"Just wanna see how many zombies I can kill." Jackson shrugged as he caught up with Jaebum.

"Where's Yugyeom and Youngjae?" Jackson asked as soon as they reached the station.

"Apparently there's a small horde so they're taking care of that." Jaebum said as he looked around the station, it was surprisingly quiet.

"Dude, what's that?" BamBam excitedly asked as he saw something glow inside the store.

"Let's find out." Jaebum said with no hesitation in his voice.

The team made their way into the store, nothing suspicious yet. But as soon as the light flashed again, everyone walked over to the source and found a guy sitting down in the floor behind the register while he played with a flashlight.

"Yo, what are you doing?" Jackson asked, causing the guy to jump in his place as he looked up at the four males.

"Sitting down?" The guy 'said', raising his hands up in surrender although nobody had pulled out any weapons.

Jaebum started studying the boy when he heard a bang and a loud moan from the janitors closet. He immediately pulled out his sword and stayed on guard.

"What was that?" BamBam asked Jaebum as he pulled out his gun.

"It's a zombie, I locked it in there when she tried to attack me." The guy explained as he stood up.

"Why didn't you kill it?" Jaebum asked him, still staring at the door.

The guy let out a gasp as he covered his mouth with his hand.

"Excuse you, zombies have souls too. I'm not just gonna kill an innocent person." The guy shook his head as he sent a nasty look to Jaebum as if he had insulted him.

"They're dead." Jaebum deadpanned as he narrowed his eyes in on the guy.

"They have a heart." The guy argued back.

"Woah, you're the first person I've ever met that doesn't kill zombies. How have you survived? That's crazy." Jackson opened his big mouth as he walked over to the boy.

"Umm, I usually just hide or run. I was a track runner before so I can run pretty fast." The guy said as he smiled at Jackson, his smile was cute.

"I'm Jackson, and you are?" Jackson asked as he shook the guys hand.

"I'm Jinyoung." The guy, Jinyoung, smiled at Jackson.

"Well this is great but there's still a fucking zombie trying to break down the door." Jaebum snapped as he looked away from the door.

Wrong timing. The zombie broke through the door with ease and immediately ran to the closest person, Jinyoung.

"Now there's not." BamBam breathed out as he pointed the gun towards the zombie.

"No! Don't shoot it! It doesn't know what it's doing." Jinyoung said as the zombie took a hold of him.

Jinyoung's eyes widened as he tried to get out of the zombies grasp.

"Oh for fucks sake, shoot it Bam." Jaebum rolled his eyes, he was so done with Jinyoung.

"I can't, I might shoot Jinyoung," BamBam said as he tried to find a good angle to shoot the zombie.

"So?" Jaebum asked, making Jackson throw a glare at him.

Jaebum sighed as he stepped forward and stabbed the zombie right on the head, making blood splatter all over Jinyoung's face.

"Oh god, I think I'm gonna be sick." Jinyoung dramatically said as he tried to wipe the blood from his face.

"You're exaggera-" Jaebum cut himself off when Jinyoung fainted on the floor.

"Did he actually...?" Jaebum asked out loud and turned to Jackson.

"Guess he did." Jackson shrugged.

'*•.¸,¤°'✿.。.:**.:。.✿'°¤,¸.•*'
i started watching z nation again, i'm still mad tho