c h a p t e r 1 4

"Has anyone ever told you that you have a short temper?" Jinyoung asked when he spotted Jaebum outside leaning against a tree.

"A few people." Jaebum mumbled, looking down at the twirling pocket knife in between his fingers.

Jinyoung turned to look at the forest, the trees perfectly placed inches away from each other to hide the darkness that would surely terrify anyone.

"You know that I would be the first to get bitten, right?" Jinyoung asked, ripping his eyes away from the trees to look at Jaebum.

"I do." Jaebum responded, pausing the twirling of his knife for a second before resuming.

"Remember when you guys put yourselves in danger for me?" Jinyoung asked, earning a hum from Jaebum.

"You didn't need to, I wouldn't have died or turned. All your efforts were for nothing." Jinyoung said, his voice turning a little softer. Jaebum finally looked up at him and not with the love and gentleness that Jinyoung was used to, but with anger.

"You really think that it was for nothing? Jinyoung, I would do that over and over again for you. I don't want you to get hurt at all." Jaebum snapped, bringing his hand up to cup Jinyoung's cheek.

"Haven't you thought that I feel the same way?" Jinyoung asked him, bringing his hand up to rest on Jaebum's hand.

"I would die for you." Jinyoung finally said, shocking Jaebum into silence.

"Don't say that, baby." Jaebum said, his eyes unwillingly tearing up.

"We live in a world where we could die anytime, and you're crazy if you think that I won't do anything to keep you safe." Jinyoung said, wiping a tear that managed to escape Jaebum's eye.

"You know I would to." Jaebum cleared his throat, leaning in to plant a kiss on Jinyoung's forehead.

"Jae, kiss me." Jinyoung whined a little, puckering his lips.

Jaebum let out a small laugh as he leaned down to give Jinyoung a simple peck and then captured them into a slow kiss. Jinyoung slowly pulled away and looked up at Jaebum with a small smirk.

"You seem like an aggressive lover." Jinyoung laughed a little and he reached out to cup both of Jaebum's cheeks.

"You still love me though." Jaebum replied, brushing a strand of hair out of Jinyoung's face.

"If you say so." Jinyoung sang in a random tune that brought a smile to Jaebum's face.

"I know so." Jaebum smiled, kissing Jinyoung's plushly lips one more time.

*

"Never do that again!" Jackson yelled at Yugyeom and BamBam as they ran off laughing.

"Gosh, I kinda regret taking them in." Jaebum mumbled at Youngjae.

"Yeah I regret you taking them in too." Youngjae laughed, hitting Jaebum hard on the chest before running off. Jaebum let out a hissing sound as his hand rubbed his chest.

"Now I regret taking him in too." Jaebum mumbled to himself, watching as everyone was hanging out outside.

Jackson was running around chasing Yugyeom and BamBam, Youngjae was laughing loudly at the scene, Mark was cleaning his weapon and Jinyoung was sitting down reading a book.

Somehow Jaebum's life seemed complete now that Jinyoung was in the picture, the missing puzzle piece. He watched in adoration as Jinyoung cutely furrowed his eyebrows at the book, clearly displeasured. He thought about the time before Jinyoung and how he changed everything in the span of a few months.