c h a p t e r 8

Jinyoung found himself in a though situation.

Due to all the noise, they attracted a zombie horde. Jinyoung was currently trying to fight for his life by wrestling with a zombie.

He was finally able to rip the zombie off of him as he ran away, trying to find somewhere safe to hide. Luck didn't seem to be on his side since he found himself with a guy that he didn't recognize with a gun.

"Look, zombies are coming so please try to kill me after they're handled." Jinyoung begged as he raised his hands up in surrender.

"Nah, you'll be my shield." The guy smirked and pulled Jinyoung close to him, his back hit the guys chest as he was steered left and right.

Jaebum's eyes scanned the area for Jinyoung and once he found him, he was not happy.

"Let go of him, asshat." Jaebum snarled, his eyes focused on Jinyoung.

"I will, after I feed him to the zombies. They seem to be hungry too, don't be selfish." The guy laughed as a zombie approached.

Jinyoung panicked when the zombie was getting closer but was caught by surprise when the guy holding him started to scream and his grip on Jinyoung released. Jinyoung stepped back to see a zombie feeding on his shoulder.

"Help me." The guy yelled, his eyes filled with tears.

Jinyoung was gonna run up to him and shove the zombie off when a hand caught his wrist and started dragging him back.

"Jae, let go of me." Jinyoung struggled against Jaebum's hold.

"No Jinyoung, your life is more important." Jaebum almost snapped at him.

"Says who? Why is my life more important? Because you care about me? He has people who care about him too. I could've done something." Jinyoung snarled, ripping his wrist from Jaebum's hold.

"Jinyou-"

"No Jaebum, who are you to decide who lives and who dies?" Jinyoung interrupted him, his eyes giving Jaebum the dirtiest look he could muster.

At this point, the unknown guys have left and the rest of the team finished off the zombies and were now listening to their conversation.

"Jinyoung, you couldn't have done anything. He was dead the moment the zombie bit him." Jaebum tried to explain but Jinyoung wasn't having it.

"You are so selfish, did you know that?" Jinyoung spit out before turning around and storming off.

"Go follow him, Jackson." Jaebum sighed as he rubbed his face.

"Got it." Jackson saluted Jaebum with two fingers before running off to find Jinyoung.

"You did the right thing, Jaebum. Jinyoung just has this undying passion to save everyone, but not everyone can be saved." Mark walked up to Jaebum and gave him a pat on the back.

"Yeah, I know. Let's go fix up the windows." Jaebum changed the subject and earned groans from the younger.

"That's gonna take all day." Yugyeom whined and punched BamBam's arm.

"Why'd you hit me?" BamBam whined, holding his arm in pain.

"I needed to get my frustration out." Yugyeom shrugged, earning a loud laugh from Youngjae.

"Stop playing around." Jaebum snapped at them, walking into the house.

"He's mad, right?" BamBam whispered to the others.

"He's definitely mad." Youngjae shook his head with a sigh.

"Well we better get going, don't wanna anger with more than he already is." Mark mumbled and followed Jaebum into the house, the others following close behind.

'*•.¸,¤°'✿.。.:**.:。.✿'°¤,¸.•*'
small chapter because... school starts tomorrow and i'm having a mental breakdown :,) love that for me

uploaded a new book. it's called 'not your mate', lol i think i'm obsessed with mate au's. check it out if you want to.