c h a p t e r 1 0

"Jaebum, it's your turn." A sleepy Jackson stumbled into the room in the middle of the night.

Jaebum almost immediately woke at the noise but relaxed when he found Jackson.

"I'll be out in five, go sleep." Jaebum mumbled, rubbing the sleep off his eyes. Jackson gave him the thumbs up and stumbled out of the room.

Jaebum sighed as he got out of bed, getting dressed in a random hoodie and jeans. He looked down at his bed and saw Jinyoung wide awake, staring up at him. Jaebum visibly jumped and held a hand up to his chest.

"Why the hell are you up?" Jaebum asked, getting over the scare and getting his gun from a drawer.

"You made too much noise. Where are you going?" Jinyoung asked, sitting up on the bed.

"It's my shift." Jaebum shrugged, getting ready to leave.

"No, don't go." Jinyoung frowned, pulling up the hood on his hoodie onto his head.

"Why not?" Jaebum confusedly asked, turning around to look at Jinyoung.

"I don't want to be alone." Jinyoung mumbled, pulling the strings from his hoodie in a shy manner.

"You can go sleep with Jacks-"

"I want you." Jinyoung interrupted him, his cheeks immediately turning a shade of red.

Jaebum's heart did a full flip at the words that stumbled out of Jinyoung's mouth but he knew Jinyoung didn't mean it that way so he had to calm down.

"What?" Was all that came out of Jaebum's mouth.

"Um, I want to be in your company... so I'm going with you!" Jinyoung smiled at his bright idea, jumping out of bed and walking towards Jaebum.

"Yeah, no. That's not happening." Jaebum scoffed, stopping Jinyoung from walking any further by putting a hand on his shoulder.

"What do you mean? I want to go." Jinyoung whined, bouncing a little on the spot.

"It's patrol, it'll be boring." Jaebum insisted, pushing Jinyoung back into bed.

"No it won't, you're fun." Jinyoung whined, throwing the blankets off of him when Jaebum snuggled him in.

"Jinyoung, my word is final." Jaebum said, a hint of authority in his voice. Jinyoung frowned and looked up at Jaebum with big eyes.

"Mark's waiting for me so I'll leave." Jaebum finally said, walking towards the door.

"You'd rather be with Mark than with me?" Jinyoung asked, purposely making his voice sound sad.

"Jinyoung, you know it's not like that." Jaebum sighed, looking back at Jinyoung.

Jinyoung just stuck his bottom lip out and looked at Jaebum with innocent eyes.

*

"I can't believe I let you come." Jaebum sighed as they sat on the roof.

"I can." Jinyoung smiled, nudging Jaebum with his shoulder.

Jinyoung has convinced Jaebum of letting him hang out with him, no surprise there. They were currently on the roof, Jinyoung had his hair covered by his hood, or should I say Jaebum's hood, and also had a blanket wrapped around him.

"I'm cold." Jinyoung whined, pulling the blanket closer around him.

"Yeah, that's why I told you stay inside." Jaebum rolled his eyes, looking around for any weird things. Jinyoung frowned and looked at Jaebum, his eyes scanning his face.

"Aren't you cold?" Jinyoung asked, offering some of his blanket to Jaebum.

"I think you need it more than me." Jaebum laughed, fixing the blanket on Jinyoung.

"I know something that'll keep me warm." Jinyoung smiled innocently at Jaebum.

"What is it?" Jaebum asked, willing to do anything to help Jinyoung feel warmer.

"Come closer." Jinyoung said, motioning with his hand. Jaebum leaned in closer to Jinyoung, expecting an answer.

Jinyoung wrapped his hand at the back of Jaebum's neck and pulled him closer. Jinyoung then took the initiative of connecting their lips.

Jaebum froze at first, a little shocked that Jinyoung would do this, but he immediately melted when he felt Jinyoung's tongue against his lips, seeking for an entrance. As soon as Jaebum started getting into it, Jinyoung pulled away with a smile on his face.

"Yeah, that made me feel a lot warmer." Jinyoung spoke out, blushing slightly but not feeling any shame for what he did.

"Me too." Jaebum agreed, leaning in to plant a kiss on Jinyoung's forehead.

"You should go back to sleep." Jaebum mumbled, carding a hand through Jinyoung's hair that was poking out. Jinyoung immediately frowned and slapped Jaebum's hand away.

"What? I thought you liked me." Jinyoung sulked, messing with the hoodie strings in a shy manner.

"I do, but you need to sleep." Jaebum sighed, rubbing the hand that Jinyoung slapped.

"Fine." Jinyoung sighed, getting up and walking towards the edge of the roof.

"How the hell am I gonna get down there?" Jinyoung asked Jaebum, looking down at the floor that seemed too far down.

"I'll help you." Jaebum immediately stood up, guiding Jinyoung down the side of the house.

"Jaebum, wait." Jinyoung whispered, his eyes going blank as he tried to focus his ears.

"For wh-"

"Shh." Jinyoung harshly shushes him, straining his ears to listen.

Jaebum looked around confusedly before his eyes caught onto a zombie horde running towards the house, towards Jinyoung.

'*•.¸,¤°'✿.。.:**.:。.✿'°¤,¸.•*'
i need to pee so badly but the substitute won't let me

this is injustice >:,(