December 1, 2017

Bae Shannon the Santa believer is more than excited for just December

* * *

It had apparently started to snow halfway during the night since in the time morning came about, there were piles of snow being shoveled into empty plots of land. And even though there was wind, it felt refreshing against the many layers of coats being piled upon one another by strangers walking down the street in order to provoke their warmth from spewing out.
It was particularly this exact morning that some of PRISTIN's members found themselves waking up to the winter coldness.

The first to awaken was none other than one of the group's lead vocalists: Jung Eunwoo. Her feet were freezing and upon finding her blanket was not thick enough to keep the cold away, she begrudgingly got up from bed to find another blanket. She found none.

Park Siyeon (formally called Xiyeon onstage) was the next to awaken when she felt as if she was being watched, to which she was neither right or wrong since her bunk bed mate, Kang Kyungwon (Yuha) was halfway off the top bunk while asleep. She was facing Siyeon, which was why Siyeon had the stimulation she did, and although it took a while, she managed to successfully get her friend back into her bed. But by then, Kyungwon had awakened to the other's struggles with a simple "What happened?".
Following closely was Kyla Massie and Kim Minkyung (Roa), who were woken up by their roommates' momentarily heated argument. It was quickly shut down when Eunwoo came in yelling for a spare blanket.

30 minutes later, an alarm went off in the next room, where a trio of girls awoke. Lim Nayoung was the first to get up from bed, then Joo Kulkyung (her original name being Zhou Jieqiong), and finally Kang Yebin (Rena). Each of them shuffled together into a huddle before continuing to shuffle their way to the dorm's bathroom together. Their slippers could be heard from the living room, which by now was full of girls holding onto their blankets and one another in a bundle while watching the news.

Dawn was barely touching the sky when Kim Yewon (Yehana) finally got up from bed. She messily stirred around in her bed to find a new sleeping pose, but she knew she was not going back to sleep anytime soon. She let out a frustrated sigh before walking out of her shared room, forgetting to wake up her roommate.

It wasn't until 8 that they awoke.

"Ah! I'm late!" A yell suddenly filled the gentle and comforting silence none 9 of the PRISTIN members bothered to disturb.

Some of the members stopped doing whatever they were previously doing when a bundle of shuffled footsteps came from the hallway. Bae Shannon (Sungyeon) popped out of it, energy practically bursting out of her as she jumped around the dorm and one of her many bandmates: Yebin.

"Let me guess. It's about it being December, isn't it?"

The bouncing ball of energy suddenly stopped moving for a few seconds, leaving a few spectators with confusion etched into their expressions.

"No..."

Nayoung, being one of the group's oldest members and current leader decided to itch her way forward with the girl, taking quick but small steps full of worry.

"What's with you then?"

When she tapped the halfie's shoulder, she wasn't expecting much to happen, perhaps a small glance or even a flinch. But upon seeing Sungyeon seemingly holding a maddening smile, in the crazy or insane kinda way, Nayoung felt a wave of consecutive shivers being sent down her spine.

"It's almost Christmas!!!"

Sungyeon could hear a couple of laughs burst from the members, but she could care less. Usually, anyone was excited about this time of year. It wasn't her fault she held a stronger emotion than just joy towards the holiday.
Kyungwon spoke up from the kitchen, where she was seen standing in front of the counter busily making two cups of hot chocolate. The first one was probably for herself while the other belonged to Kyla, who was quietly scrolling through her phone, waiting for the taller to finish.

"You sure do sound excited about it. I mean, I'm excited as well, but not so much as you,"
"At least, someone understands me,"

She tapped her foot against the wooden tiles. It was a good thing she had fallen asleep with the thick and fuzzy socks. Her toes would've been freezing otherwise.

"So how are we going to celebrate our first Christmas together?"

No one wanted to look at her. After all, it had been a while since they properly celebrated Christmas without their families so getting used to this was going to take a while.

Sungyeon puffed her cheeks out in an annoyed manner.
If she wasn't going to be able to spend Christmas time with her family due to company demands, then she was going to do so with her second family: PRISTIN. Even if it meant making them celebrate the month as she did with her real family.

* * *

Chapter came out a day late-ish, but it's always better late than never, right? Anyways, some days the chapters will have different times since I'll be busy with finals, but other than that, I should be able to regularly upload a new chapter consecutively.