December 4, 2017

Bae Shannon the Santa believer puts her baking skills to the test

* * *

None of the 9 other girls noticed Sungyeon baking in the kitchen until a bowl slipped from her hands and shattered. Eunwoo was the first to scramble in.

"How long have you been in here?!"

Sungyeon paused from brooming.

"Umm... Long enough to have made about-" she looked at the countertop, "-4 batches of cookies. Why? You want to join me?"

She flashed Eunwoo a bright smile.

"Actually... Well... Looks like I am now,"
"Pardon me?"
"Nothing. I just kinda blanked out there for a second,"

Eunwoo scanned the surprisingly-clean counter.

"So... cookies?"
"Cookies!"
"Cookies...? You know how to make them?"

Sungyeon shrugged her shoulders.

"Doesn't everybody?"
"I mean, yes? It's just that nowadays mostly everybody just buys the store ones instead of making them,"

She seemed downright offended at that as she stopped scooping the glass shards to look directly at Eunwoo.

"Well, with my family, we make 'em,"
"From scratch?"
"We buy the ingredients, but that's about as close as we get to store-bought,"

Eunwoo moved closer to Sungyeon as she finished.

"Well, I don't know about you, but it's already beginning to feel a lot like Christmas,"

The halfie looked up in alert.

"Oh... We are nowhere near close,"
"What do you mean? We've got baking down. What more do we need? The whole package?"

Eunwoo had no idea how much she would regret saying that.

"Eunwoo?"

Sungyeon circled the fading-strawberry blonde like she was prey.

"Yes?"
"Do you see any Christmas decorations around the dorm?"
"Umm... no. What-"
"Don't see a Christmas tree in the living room, now do we?"
"No? W-"
"What about mistletoes above our heads?"

As she dinished asking, Sungyeon latched her hands on Eunwoo's shoulders with an intense strength.

"Sungyeon, you're genuinely scaring me. I think your family has rubbed off too much on you,"

* * *

I won't be inserting a specific recipe since I don't trust myself with baking either. I'll usually leave a mess or eat the batter.