December 2, 2017

Bae Shannon the Santa believer decides to take manners into her own hands

* * *

It was a nice and warm morning. The snow from yesterday had melted away when the sun was halfway up in the sky, but that did not stop the snow from coming in yet again the following day.
The girls were huddled within their own bed; each of them was under a pair of blankets (Yebin requested an additional one besides the one everyone received since she was the most sensitive to the cold). Warm and cozy they slept, but it was not long until their sleep was disrupted.

Jingle Bells suddenly came blasting through each and every single one of speakers in the dorm; all at the same time. Some of the girls stumbled out of their beds while others tried to muffle the noise with their pillows. They searched and turned off most of them but there were some they could not find, so they ran out of their rooms, holding onto their ears while clutching their teeth together so hard it was hurting their jaws in order to find the last of them.

Then, it just stopped.

"Good morning~!"

Startled, they screamed at the voice.

"Okay people. A day of December has already past, and we are running behind schedule, so-" She suddenly let out a dramatic gasp upon taking in their appearance, "Why are none of you changed yet?! Come on now. We gotta go!"

Sungyeon was stepping into the kitchen when Kulkyung stopped her in her tracks.

"Go?! Go where?!"

The oldest halfie peeked out from her spot.

"What do you mean where?! We're going window shopping!"

Screams of excitement and groans simultaneously filled the dorm, but only one gave Sungyeon a question.

"Already?!" Siyeon seemed to exasperate.
"What do you mean already?"

Sungyeon moved further from her destination but only barely and flashed her a smile as she made her comment,

"We're just window shopping! We're not going to actually be buying anything, silly,"

She moved back into the kitchen before yelling,

"Anyways, get changed already!"

They scattered back to their rooms. Kulkyung saddened since she was expecting to spend the day catching up on her favorite shows in bed with a cup of coffee and doughnuts at her side. But dreams were dreams sometimes.

By the time 9 a.m. rolled around, they were all mostly ready to go, but Sungyeon wanted to go now.
She ushered those who were done (Nayoung, Kyungwon, Yebin, Siyeon, and Kyla) and told them to "sneak out while the others were still busy". The 5 girls did as she told, seeing how there was no problem.

"So what now?" Kyla asked while in the car.
"Easy!"

The car ignited with life, and they were on their way to the mall.

"We leave without them,"
"Is it okay to do this?!" Kyungwon asked.
"My parents did this to me countless of times until I got used to getting ready at a certain amount of time,"

No one commented at first but Nayoung broke that.

"Your family is actually really scary, you know?"

She sighed.

"I know,"

Yebin's phone rang and she flinched when she saw the caller ID.

"It's Yewon,"
"Pick it up, then. She can't hurt you right now,"
"Right now?!"
"Just pick it up!"

She fumbled with the phone, taking a breath and answering the call as calmly as she could.

"Hi, Ye-"
"You left, didn't you?!"
"It wasn't my fault! It was-" she looked at Sungyeon,"-Sungyeon's fault! She forced us into the car,"

The mentioned girl snapped around, glaring at the older.

"I forced you?"

She looked back to the front.

"Put the call on speaker,"

She did as she was told without hesitation.

"Yewon, sweetie, where were you? I was waiting for you for so long, and you never showed up,"
"I was getting ready! You suddenly left without a word and left me and the rest getting ready. And for what?! Nothing 'cause you left without us!"

None of the girls at the back could see what face Sungyeon was making, but Kyla was sure she had never seen the older make that kind of face before.

"You took forever, and I have plans to attend to,"
"You couldn't have waited for just a little more?!"
"I did... An hour!"

The other side of the conversation went quiet.

"What if we're ready for tomorrow's?"
"Tomorrow won't do. There is no tomorrow for this, and this is only for today,"
"So what are we doing tomorrow?"

Sungyeon shrugged her shoulders even though it was useless.

"I'll figure it out in the morning. Anyways, we're here and gotta go shopping. Bye! I love ya~"
"Sungyeon, I swear to I'll switch roommates with you if you-"

* * *

If you fall behind schedule, you got to figure out a way to get back on schedule, even if it means leaving a couple of friends to get peeved on their own after forcing them to come.