three » make it up

despite his promising words, felix had completely vanished out of existence the next day, so when jisung, seungmin and jeongin exchanged the usual news at lunch, the blonde boy who would normally brighten all their breaks with banter and unfunny jokes kept missing.

especially for jisung, who had hoped for a little more information regarding the 'mysterious boy case', felt very bummed out by the absence of his number one potential problem solver. thus, when jisung had texted felix about his whereabouts and the answer was a simple 'sick. i feel like i'm dying', he sensed his mood rapidly going down.

it was when he stabbed the meal on his plate with his fork grudgingly that seungmin booped his cheek which jisung had unknowingly stored a lot of air in, making his face appear round and puffy. »what are you moping around, hm? missing e-boy?« seungmin chuckled and hugged his best friend from the side, showing a bit of comfort as jisung smiled, feeling better already.

»no, i don't know... i just? i just really want to know who he is.« jisung muttered, all his previous anger fading for a little moment. he didn't know why he was feeling this way, first he was annoyed by the boy's cockiness, now he was sad he didn't get to know who he was. it almost seemed like jisung had a severe case of mood swings regarding the situation, which didn't help him. at all.

he sighed and continued to slice the meat on his plate in half, then quarters, and all over again. seungmin, however, shook his head in denial of the boy's sudden sadness, unable to find another way of cheering him up. when jisung was in his feelings like this, there was rarely any chance of making him snap out of it - it was almost like he needed this time for himself to overthink, as bad as that sounded.

and so, the three boys parted ways without exchanging many words, bidding each other goodbyes before trotting to their next classes. jisung, for that matter, was very opposed to the fact he had to sit through a whole lesson of biology, his teacher being the epitome of incompetence in his eyes.

sighing, he felt the anger rise inside of him. angered by biology, his stuttering and slurring-words-like-it-was-a-personality-trait kind of teacher, and of course, the stranger again. worst of all though, jisung was angry at himself. he was so annoyed by the fact that he just couldn't move on, his thoughts dwelling on the boy like he was the center of his every attention, his life.

with his stupid eyes. beautiful eyes, jisung's mind played him and he felt his breath hitch in his throat. there was no way his brain had just thought that. no way. but suddenly, everything turned and twisted, like a parallel universe twitched its way into his own.

the boy was there. hands buried deep in the pockets of his black sweater, hood over his thick black locks, a blank expression on his counterfeit as he was moving through the dozens of students. oh, and his eyes. his deep ocean eyes drowning any emotion in opaque emptiness. just like the last time, jisung forgot how to breathe, losing himself in the waves of just nothing, not noticing the annoyed junior that almost ran into him due to jisung's sudden stop.

what was he doing here? was he a student after all? jisung felt his mind going crazy, the thoughts somersaulting in his head. he looked so much older than anyone else, maybe because his eyes reflected a blankness no adolescent was typically given. but jisung was nothing like the vacancy in the stranger's orbs.

as if it was programmed in his system, jisung felt the anger flooding through his veins like never before when he had thought about the boy. and without any control, he stepped over to him, his pupils twinkling excitedly about the fact jisung could now show the confidently arrogant boy what an apology really meant.

»you know, usually people help when someone needs it. and they apologize, too.« crossing his arms over his navy-blue colored overalls, jisung held his chin high while staring up to the boy, not afraid of the, well, still rather intimidating exterior of said male. but, jisung managed to successfully take the boy by surprise as he jolted when he heard jisung's voice.

jisung smiled after seeing the other in shock, not able to form sentences. he was proud of himself for standing up for himself, showing the boy he was firstly not afraid of him, and secondly he had managed to pay him back. just like jisung at the party, the stranger was at a loss for words, gaping at him with widened eyes and open mouth.

though, seeing that the boy wasn't gonna reply to him anytime soon and his next biology lesson was desperately calling him at the back of his mind, jisung scoffed loudly into the boy's face and rolled his eyes, which didn't match his outer appearance at all.

the fuzzy grey sweater was rolled up to his elbows and one strap of the overalls was hanging loosely down jisung's back. his orange, long hair was parted slightly, allowing the dewy, soft skin of his forehead to peek through his bangs. the light warm eyeshadow around his lids matched with the yellow converse he was wearing, feet lightly turned inwards so the tips of his toes touched.

when jisung sensed that the boy was just plainly checking him out by now rather than giving any response to his straightforward confrontation, jisung just turned around, walking away to his biology classroom fastly, without looking back. the hallway was already completely empty.

minho, on the other hand, stood starstruck, watching the boy from the party walk farther and farther away from him. unknowingly, he had held his breath, which he now slowly released into the stuffy hallway. the next period had already begun as minho started dragging himself to his classroom, his english teacher would buy his clapped apology anyways.

his mind was still nowhere other than the cute party boy. and if minho knew one thing out of the unexpected occurrences that had just happened, he was certain that the party boy was nothing like all the predictable highschool students he had encountered.

party boy was different. and somehow, something in minho's dark mind told him to make it up to him.

━━━

this chapter is dedicated to mysticIove because i promised her this update two days ago oop
thank you everyone for reading! ♡

-CHONS