eight » little one

just as the stars decided to climb down the airy stairs, making way for the sun to pull herself up with newly fueled energy, just as the moon faded into soft pink rays of light like a drowning sailor on a ship, just then jisung stirred in his trance-like posture.

dawn had arisen, waking the world from a dark, illumination swallowing sea with its own sweet candy tones and sickeningly sugary pastels. it was like someone insignificant had just announced that the night was over, so suddenly, so unexpectedly had the darkness faded.

minho and jisung had watched the nightly hours pass in each others still unfamiliar arms without a second of slumber, the stars hypnotising them into their glittering spell. yet it had felt like a familiarity, a confidentiality had established between the two boys, just after constellations and dim moonlight had kept them awake.

unsure of any words exchanged between the both of them, jisung kept his mouth shut. not like he had a desperation to say anything after the magical moments spent, yet he really needed to use the toilet. and he could use a shower. and maybe something to eat, too.

the only thing jisung wasn't unsure of, was the temperature. very clearly he was warmed by the two arms slung over his chest and stomach, holding him close to a quiet minho. said male was not moving one bit, leaving jisung squirming, slowly becoming uncomfortable considering his bladder.

the more persevering jisung moved in minho's embrace, the closer he held him. »what's wrong?« were the words the older mumbled, voice thick after not speaking for several hours. jisung was taken aback. had minho slept? turning his head to eye him, jisung instantly turned it back, a blush shading his cheeks. too close.

but no, minho's eyelashes were blinking at him without any difference to the last time jisung had looked at him, and so jisung just hummed quietly. »i really need to pee.« he whispered, hoping the other wouldn't understand him, because whatever his mind had just decided for him to let slip past his lips was ultra-mega-super embarrassing.

well, no luck as usual. minho giggled, and jisung instantly forgot about his words at the sound of minho giggling. jisung sure hadn't ever heard a laugh crafted by the gods before, but now he was sure he did.

»then let's get you to a toilet, little one.« minho replied airily, still keeping quiet due to the early hour both of them were awake at. but no matter how quiet their surroundings were just that moment, jisung's insides started screaming and burning up as soon as he processed minho's words.

eyes bulging out of their sockets, he turned around so quickly again (the exact thing he did not want to do) and stared into minho's startled face, appalled at how easily the older had just clowned him for his height. »excuse me! you're like a nanometre taller than me!« jisung exclaimed, pouting unconsciously due to the fact he couldn't move his arms. he surely desperately wanted to cross them over his chest like he was always used to doing when sulky.

things didn't seem to work out in jisung's favour at all though, and so minho just laughed softly and booped "little one" jisung's nose before getting up. reaching out a hand for jisung to take and get up on his feet as well, the younger reluctantly took it, a rosy tone covering his cheeks after minho had been affectionate the whole night.

it was a completely new feeling for jisung and he found himself flabbergasted at minho. he could say it over and over again, but everytime jisung looked at the older, a new side of him revealed itself just the slightest. it was like minho had so many dualities and layers to his personality, all hidden behind these unbelievable eyes. and maybe jisung was just crazy, but he found himself astonished everytime these eyes met his own. they were out of this world, quite literally.

when the both of them walked down the empty streets, the two boys just couldn't help but imagine a cloth being draped over the morning sky, everything being muffled, toned down, like someone from above just muted all loud noises. with a single switch, they were shut off, leaving only jisung and minho walking with silent steps, hands still unknowingly interlocked. they were their only source of warmth, and regardless of the keen and nippy air, everything felt pleasant and fuzzy in their tummies.

»where do you want to go?« minho whispered, not bringing himself to speak up any louder. yet due to the hollowness surrounding them, jisung was able to understand him flawlessly. »we can go to my house? you don't have to come with me if you don't want to! school starts soon anyways and i'm sure you have lots of things to do and you probably wanna go home too and-«

breaking his rambling, minho pressed his pointer finger onto jisung's mouth, taken aback at how soft the younger's lips were in contrast to the cutting temperatures. still, he maintained a calm expression and shushed the boy, a smile tugging on the corners of his mouth. »don't worry, little one, i'm not gonna let you walk around here all alone. say, where do we have to go?«

blinking repeatedly, jisung's eyes were widened in surprise. now minho realised his actions as well, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck while removing his finger from the younger's lips and coughing lightly in an attempt to cover up his embarrassment. still, jisung only gulped and huffed quietly at the nickname minho had repeatedly used, his cheeks tinting red all over again.

»well... to be quite honest... i don't know where we are? the reason why i went to this grocery store yesterday was because it was the only place with light and people around... other than that, i'm basically lost.« jisung muttered, flustered that he was incapable of finding his way home in a city he had been living in his whole life.

minho chuckled softly and shook his head at the boy whose nose had also started to colour itself red. it was definitely too cold to spend all the time until school in the streets, and jisung still had to use the toilet. desperately trying to come up with an idea on how to fulfill the both of their needs, suddenly, minho jumped.

it was almost like you could see the light bulb illuminating over his head and jisung giggled at the excitement the older was showing over a single grasp floating his mind. »i know! i'll just visit hyunjin with you, he doesn't live far away from here!« minho happily hopped on the spot.

jisung, however, dropped his jaw. »wait, hold on, you know hyunjin? seungmin's boyfriend?« to the younger, it was like two worlds had just collided. this couldn't be real, could it? minho turned to him, mouth now also opened in an o-shape, freezing in his motion.

»what do you mean "know"? hyunjin's my best friend! and you know seungmin?« minho asked, completely shocked at how the both of them had appeared to be closer to each other than they thought. a few mutual friend interactions would've been all they needed for them to meet in the first place, yet the universe decided to mess with them apparently.

jisung shook his head frantically. »oh my god, i can't believe this. seungmin is my best friend, too! the only thing that can top this is that you know felix and his boyfriend, changbin, too.« as soon as the words left his mouth, minho gasped. he reluctantly nodded, to which jisung just gaped at him in disbelief.

suddenly, they both started laughing hysterically, the quietness of the streets long forgotten. the whole situation was so absurd, there was no way they had been basically destined to meet yet someone had decided to just let them suffer in complete nescience of each other like that.

»so you're telling me our whole friend groups know and all date each other?« jisung choked out in-between heavy wheezes.

»seems like it.« minho giggled.

━━━
i am SO sorry
first of all, this is the worst filler ever, and second of all, the hot mess of a disease called writer's block just completely WRECKED me so hell yeah here's at least one tiny update.. i'm sorry for letting anyone that reads this book wait :( i just don't know where to go with this plot i'm currently just bullshitting my way through AKDJSKKSKS

-CHONS