seven » safe

wow. whatever jisung had thought would've been the first words the boy from the party, or rather minho, said to him was clearly not the solution he expected. it pissed jisung off, the familiar smirk on the older boys' ridiculously immaculate features, his eyes swallowing him whole, just minho himself pissed him off right then and there.

but maybe jisung was just annoyed at the huge effect the boy had on him, scaring him just by wearing dark clothes. which wasn't even something new.

rolling his eyes, a smile still crept up onto his face, he just couldn't be mad considering the other had managed to give in to jisung's threatening (that's what he would like to think it was) appearance in the hallways a few days earlier. but, what minho could do, jisung was able to do as well. and so, without a second thought, he crossed his arms over his chest in a sassy manner, determined to show minho he was for sure not easy to win over.

»you do. but what's the point of apologising to me when my sweater is already sitting clean and dry in my wardrobe?« jisung finally replied, his smile turning into a cocky puckering of his lips. just seeing minho's expression fall gave him a huge boost of satisfaction, knowing he had taken the other by surprise. waiting for his response, jisung looked at his imaginary watch on his left wrist, keeping in mind that minho's eyes were following his every move.

as long as it was possible to, jisung wanted to play his cards right. instead of saying anything, minho huffed and his shoulders slumped a bit. raising an eyebrow at the older's attitude, jisung bit his lip. or was he just too mean? the guy had risked it all (mainly just jisung slapping him for scaring him) to apologize to him and now all jisung did, was being a brat.

but, it was so fun to tease him for some reason. jisung sighed and pouted. »look, i'm sorry. hmm.. maybe i don't want a new shirt?« at the words of jisung giving in just slightly, minho's face suddenly brightened in a way it startled the younger, shoulders straightening and a surprisingly little fist punching in the air in a manner of victory. he had never seen the boy with such an expression on his face before, already used to his emotionless side.

»HA! i knew you would give in!« minho excitedly exclaimed, happy over his win he moved in a way to show a little victory dance. jisung snorted and rolled his eyes again, he was surprised at how good the other was at acting. or maybe jisung was just weak. and naive. yeah, that was probably it.

shaking his head while smiling, he watched the other dance around shamelessly, before stepping up and grabbing his arm. »oh my god, stop, you're embarrassing!« jisung laughed, and minho instantly stopped, grinning widely. he's much softer than i expected, jisung thought to himself as he watched minho's grin take over his every feature. except, his eyes.

jisung was stunned. his smile didn't reach his eyes, and he wondered what had happened to a boy like him. what had been the reason for minho's eyes to be dull, without any sentiment layered in the black orbs that weren't possible to tell apart from his pupils.

snapping him back to reality, minho raised his voice ever so slightly. »then, what can i do to apologize to you? take you on a party? what can i do to make it up to you, ...?« »jisung.« »jisung.« minho sighed, the smile still faintly lingering on his lips when he said his name for the first time. and jisung swore to himself right in that moment he would grow addicted to his own name the second minho pronounced it.

but still. »a party? pfft, i'd rather die. the whole evening was a mess. no, thank you, i don't hate myself that much.« jisung giggled and minho chuckled as well.

suddenly, a thought seemed to cross the older's mind, and without any warning, he swiftly took ahold of jisung's hand before he dragged him behind him, not making an effort to slow down. jisung was already panting after about fifty meters, the heavy backpack on his shoulders seemingly pushing him down with every step he did. plus, jisung was still freezing, the cold night air now brushing past him and hitting his face without mercy as they ran somewhere only minho knew.

and then, he stopped, feet crushing into the ground like a brake pulling. jisung almost crashed into minho's back, yet he was able to stop millimetres before letting his nose collide with minho's shoulder blades. gasping for air, jisung pulled his hand out of minho's firm grasp, the older had forgotten he was still holding jisung's hand.

»are you... insane..« jisung breathed out, the words stumbling out in-between deep inhales and exhales. minho on the other hand was as fine as ever, a little giggle escaping his lips as he watched the younger struggle. that was, until he noticed the backpack on jisung's dainty shoulders, almost making him break apart.

minho widened his eyes in shock and instantly pulled off the heavy bag off the younger's physique, huffing at the unbelievable weight the backpack was holding. »what are you having in there? jisung? oh my god.« said was currently desperately trying to fill his lungs with oxygen and calm himself down, he was unable to notice anything happening around him.

yet, when he suddenly felt an arm sneaking around his waist, he looked up, straightening his back, to sense minho hugging him. »i'm sorry. i didn't mean to run so fast, but.. look!« jisung wanted to deny minho's worries, after all it was his own fault for not exercising at all and being unfit when it came to any kind of physical activity, yet he didn't have the time to when he was forced to look up to the sky by two fingers under his chin.

and it took jisung's breath away yet again, but not in an uncomfortable way. here he was standing, in minho's warm, unexpected embrace, and unable to count the endless stars accompanying the moon on their journey to watch over the earth during the darkest hours. it was so hauntingly beautiful, jisung couldn't help but let a sigh leave his lips.

not noticing minho tugging him to sit down with him on the little hill he had dragged them to, jisung found himself lost in the starry night, only the stars, the moon, minho, and him.

whatever was happening right now, jisung wasn't able to comprehend, neither was he wanting for it to end. he wanted for this moment to stay forever, captured in minho's warm hoodie, his breath fanning through his hair ever so slightly. he didn't know at all what was going on, why minho was so confidently holding him close like there was not a single worry in this world, but it felt so right. so right, and jisung didn't mind.

it felt safe. it felt like jisung finally had some company. he wasn't lonely.

and that was the best thing minho could ever do to make it up to him.

━━━

ohmygod i want something like this

this chapter is inspired by the song rooftop by n.flying, even though the first part of the chapter doesn't really match the song or anything, but especially the lyric 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙤𝙠𝙖𝙮, 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚 (breathsless hi 🥰) really struck me.

anyways, stan n.flying and have an amazing day!!

-CHONS