chapter four

fred's pov.

after breakfast, i think all the boys just found it ideal to laze about in the living room until the opportunity arose for us to actually do something with our lives. being idle was always ideal on these late mornings, george and i loved it. no work, just peace.

shell cottage always seemed to ensure that kind of tranquility we all needed right now.

especially 'mione. she'd had a hard time, and whilst we all may not have commented much on the affair, we all knew she'd struggled.

speaking of 'mione, among the buzzing hum of the radio we were listening to, the stairs creaked slightly, which broke the silence. i was stood peering out the large window out onto the beach, when
i turned my head towards the source of the noise, and there she was.

small, curly haired, freckly. wearing something i'd never imagined her to even consider putting on. a short pinstriped summer dress. i knew it was ginny's, hermione would never buy something like that for herself with the intention of wearing it. she always borrowed ginny's clothes for any kind of occasion.

"where you two off to?" chirped bill, inquisitively.
"ginny had an idea." hermione answered, averting her eyes from her feet towards us.
"that being?" george questioned, folding a magazine he'd been reading and sitting up.
"anyone up for the beach? it's a great day." ginny asked encouragingly, a hopefully smile growing on her face.

we all looked at each other, trying to come to some kind of answer. my smile grew wider, a day out to the beach was a great idea. our ginny, a proper genius.
the silence lingered for a moment.

"oh, bloody hell, why not?" i answered for the group, piping up and i stood and tried to encourage the rest of the boys to follow.

george rose next, then bill and ron, and harry followed. at this point i think harry would go anywhere ginny goes. those two are inseparable, even mum said it herself.

amongst the bustling noise of the rest of the group getting ready to leave, i approached the stairs to go up to my room to find something to wear. hermione, of course, was still standing on the bottom step, in the way. she was only a tiny obstacle though.

"let me past, 'mione?" i asked, leaning against the stairpost.
"i don't know, weasley, should i? i mean, i had to beg for the bathroom this morning before you all even considered moving." she teased, folding her arms.

ginny smiled smugly, glancing at both of us quickly before joining harry in the kitchen.

"i think you'll find this is somewhat of a bigger dilemma, granger." i tutted.
she rolled her eyes, "no dilemma is ever significantly dramatic for a weasley, you all are too easy going."
"granger, this is a fashion emergency. you had yours, now it's about time i had mine." i teased her, trying to get past her tiny frame.

this was a lot harder than i thought. she had me wrapped around her bloody little finger. this tiny, bushy haired witch was able to put me, a 6'3 weasley, in my place? merlin's beard, this subtle infatuation i had with her was mad.

she scoffed, stepping down in a temper, trying to hide a smile. i passed her, turning around as she glanced over her shoulder at me. i too tried to hide my famous smug weasley grin.

this woman. how could she do all this to me? i thought, scratching the back of my head on the way upstairs.

she had a hold of me, and i didn't know what to do. but somehow, i liked it that ways.