Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Right?
Swallows swooping,

Willows drooping.

Shadows cover the night,

Blooming flowers in eternal moonlight.

....

Where was she? Auntie Rize promised she'd be home before the sun rose, but it was already morning. Where was she...where was she...where was she...

She wasn't here, no indeed she was not. He began to laugh, and laugh, and laugh. It was Auntie Rize, nothing would happen to her. She was strong and smart, so nothing could ever happen to her.

"Nothing could ever happen to her, right guys?" His face began to take on a pained expression.

'I'm sure she's doing just fine Mukade, you know how she gets sometimes.'

'Times running out Mukade-'

'And you'll never quite know when it ends.'

"But-" he broke out in a sob, "It's Auntie..."

'And that's precisely why, our dear Mukade...'

"No... No-" he choked out. Never had he thought his precious Aunt would disappear. She would never leave him, she couldn't. He wouldn't allow it. "No... No... No..."

'Times ticking Mukade,' All three voices spoke. 'Better enjoy who you can while they last.'

....

Ravens flying,

Flowers dying.

Across the sea,

A world free.

Whispers of amity,

Shouting through calamity;

Crying free-

Is this me?

....

It had been a week now- a whole week without his aunt. She still hadn't shown up, hadn't shown up at all. He couldn't take it anymore.

Anteiku had told him to go home- for how long he didn't know. Something about his now constant pacing bothering the customers and that he "had learned all he could from watching" and that he "might just get into university, so you should study in a quiet environment". Bullshit.

Auntie Rize was special, couldn't they see that? Couldn't they?

His hair was starting to turn white again- he couldn't take it. It had started with the roots, which was to be expected, but with Auntie Rize gone, the purpose of the hair dye was becoming null. Just like him. Just like him.

Why did this always happen to him? Something nice comes along just to be ripped from his clutches. It wasn't fair, it really wasn't. It always happened; things would come, but never stay. They would never stay- but he hadn't lost her yet. Aunt Rize could still come back, there was hope for that. Hope.

He tried to fall asleep.

....

The cheerful chattering,

The colors splattering.

The predator itchin' to be fed,

The prey- that's me- tries to get ahead.

The dripping night,

The dying light.

The soundless cry

Carries across the sky.

Larkspurs blooming,

Shadows looming.