Prologue

Snowstorm walked along the bumpy path in the forest, she was still a young cub, and being alone scared her. But soon she will meet her only friend Aiza. She helped her when she was abandoned, and she took care of her, although Aiza was a young adult, they still developed a friendship. Snowstorm stopped and sniffed the air, she smelled Aiza's scent... Along with the nose-stinging smell of blood. Snowstorm ran as fast as she could, her heart beating. Panting, she shook her thick white tail in fear. Stopping, she gasped, her eyes filled with horror. On the ground she saw Aiza, lying down covered in shining crimson blood, her body shaking.
"Aiza!" Snowstorm lay beside Aiza, a sparkling tear rolling down her cheek. Snowstorm shook in fear, fur on end, unable to understand what was going on. Aiza smiled at the cub one last time, and closed her eyes as she drifted away into the afterlife.
When Snowstorm blinked once, Aiza's body was as still as a stone, her mouth closed in a smile. Snowstorm sat beside her and sobbed, her wings lay flat on her sides, she had lost her best friend. Suddenly, a clump of fur on Aiza's claws caught her attention. Dark grey fur. She sniffed it and growled. Leopard. She will find the leopard who killed her best friend, and they will regret doing this. Giving her dead friend a last goodbye, Snowstorm headed out into the forest to find her cousins, Blizzard and Kailene, and to tell them what she'd seen.