The Gift

First, I want to say thanks to all the readers that have taken their time to read my short stories. I wrote them primarily for myself because I missed the series a lot.

This chapter is inspired on the Episode called Jolene. I was re-watching the series and well yeah, I had to.

Song: Entre tus alas (Between your wings) Camila ft Colbie Caillat

Nicole

So, Jolene was dragged into a tree by its roots. I'm adding that one to the "yeah that's happed before in Purgatory" book.

That bitch tried to seduce me.

I was looking at nothing in particular

My head far off in thoughts of Waverly.

How everyone treated her like shit.

Even me.

My remorse was eating me from the inside.

My eyes catch the movement of a figure and I focused on his face. It was sheriff Nedley.

By the look on his face, I think he knew what I was thinking about.

"Nicole it's getting late. You've been through a lot today. Go to her. She needs you more right now. You can take care of the paperwork later." He said with an apologetic face.

I've had a shit relationship with my parents since forever and right now I wish that Nedley was my dad. He always knows how I feel and how to make it better.

I hope this old man lives a long life because I can't take losing someone else.

"Nedley are you sure? I can help you out with this thing. I know it's been a shit show lately." I say to him and he starts to approach me.

He closes the documents that I had on my hand and says: "Get out of here before I kick you out girl. Have some fun"

Nedley kisses my head as a father would do to its beloved child.

My heart contracts with the affectionate act. I love this man so much.

"Ok ok. I'm going. But don't say that I didn't offer my help." I say to him as I leave the office.

The weather was extra cold today. It looks like it just snowed and my police car was covered in it.

 It looks like it just snowed and my police car was covered in it