Only way out is through

Song: Fade to Black

The following is a merge of my angst to have a season 4 and my quarantine boredness. I found myself listening to my 2009 emo songs just because I'm freaking bored. I was re-reading The divine comedy and couldn't help but be inspired to write the story loosely based on that. In my head, it probably was way better than the story that follows but I hope you enjoy and it keeps you entertained. I officially have 2-3 chapters left of this story that I will post. Excited to start posting my next Wayhaught fanfic after this. Thanks again to all my lovely readers. Stay safe. Stay indoors.

Waverly

We left the station probably at 4am. Nothing major happened. We actually got home and crashed on my bed the moment our bodies hit the mattress.

What I didn't know was that today will mark the day that my life and the life of everyone around me will change forever.

Like always Nicole gets a call from the office way too early in the morning. Her face was pressed to the nape of my neck. Our legs tangled. We've fallen into the same routine. Some times in her house but lately here in the homestead. Our bodies pressed like velcro all night. I think I forgot about the time we weren't sleeping in the same bed.

Isn't it weird when you live your life just normally? Dealing with all the shit that life brings but you meet that one person and everything changes. You question the years spent without them and how many you have left with them.

I can feel her fumbling for the phone. Her hand coming over me and one of her breasts invades my cheeks' personal space. Not that I'm complaining. I don't miss the chance to suck on her skin and she laughs in response.

"STOP!" she says with a lazy smile on her face.

"But Nicole where shall I find such cultivated set of fruits after you're gone" I press my lips to the skin on top of her nipple and her body shakes with laughter.

"Stop being so stubborn it's the sheriff office that's calling" she takes the call. Her face takes this concerned look immediately. My fingers keep making circles on her stomach. If I've discovered one thing about being a good cop like Nicole is that you're in constant stress. It freaks me out how much time she spends trying to keep everyone safe.

"What?!" Nicole shouts and I'm startled when her body jumps from the bed the moment the call ends.

"What's wrong?!" I say rubbing my eyes. The bright light entering the window didn't let me look Nicole straight in the eyes.

" Ummm is Wynonna home?" I nod

"OK well, I'll explain everything later. But please stay close to her" she leans in and kisses my mouth but it doesn't linger.