Two

Harry's p.o.v.

As a vampire, hunting was something we were experts at. However, after I met Tam, I wanted to ignore killing people as much as I could but I couldn't.  I wanted to. I wanted to change myself, for her. She was the only person who still wanted to stand by my side after she faced my dark side. I was thirsty. Very very thirsty. I opened my fridge and thank god, I stored bottles of blood in there so that I could drink it in emergencies. I quickly pulled one out and ripped it open. I drank it in with long chugs. Blood was something that kept me alive. My body contained only blood. not even one particle of water. I cried blood also.

I was sitting in my living room in the darkness, licking my lips where a little bit of blood was still left. Then, something happened, something I always feared. I smelt blood. A lot of blood and this time, the smell was strong. This kind of smell couldnt stop me. Couldnt stop me from drinking that blood.Surprisingly, I knew whose blood it was. Tam. Tam's blood. Again, the monster took over me. My eyes turned red and my voice became hoarse. I burst open the door.

Tam's p.o.v.

After Harry left, I decided to take a walk in the little garden in front of my house. It was getting dark and I wasn't paying any attention to where I was walking. Suddenly I tripped over something and hurt myself pretty bad. My arm started bleeding really badly. I started panicking. I felt a paralitical kind of weakness where I couldn't move because I was too traumatized to do so.

"Shit shit shit shit" I said to myself, rubbing the blood on my arm. I tried to avoid the pain. I looked up and saw that Harry flung open. I saw him run to my side, I was sitting up but he pinned me to the ground.

"No Harry don't please don't!" I pleaded.He didn't listen to what I was saying. My blood's smell must have been really strong. I knew he wouldn't stop. Harry pulled my wrist and I saw him put his mouth on my hand and pull the blood out of my wrist.

Harry's p.o.v.

I didn't want to suck her blood but I couldn't help but keep drinking it. Her blood was the most delicious thing I'd ever tasted. I kept drinking her blood and heard her scream. Tam was frantically throwing her arms and legs trying to break free.

Soon, I heard her stop. She stopped moving. Her body became pale and cold. I stopped myself and regretted doing this at once. I put two of my fingers under her throat. Her heart was beating, she was still fighting to live, but it was really slow as if its gonna stop. She was standing on a really thin borderline where on one side there was the beautiful idea of living, but on the other side, there was the terrific thought of eternal sleep. No. I couldn't let her die. I couldn't. No matter what, I will save her.

I picked her up and carried her into the house. Once a vampire is invited into the house, he can enter it as many times he wants to without permission. Thank God Niall wasn't there. I carefully carried her up to her room taking care that she didn't hit her head on any wall. I lay her on the her bed and started rubbing her hands to make them warm. She wasn't responding. I decided to wait. Two hour had passed and she hasn't made a single movement. I started blaming myself for whatever I did. Why did I do that?

I heard shuffling and quickly looked over at Tam. She moved her hands a little. I went over to her and said.

"Hey Tam. You okay? Open you eyes, come on" she rubbed her head and sat up. I helped her.

"Uh....what happened? oh wait no, I remember" she said as she looked at me. Her expression changed, she was scared. Her ocean blue eyes turned into a deeper shade of blue, like the ocean was at storm.

"Look, I'm really sorry" I said.

"Yeah...." she said.

"Hey, you need to rest. Just lie back down and maybe try to sleep" I said.

"Yeah okay, I'm really sleepy" she said.

"Oh and you need to uh....drink some of m-my blood" I said.

"WHAT?!" she exclaimed. "No! I won't" she said.

"You have to, you've lost a lot of blood because of me and all that blood can be restored only through drinking my blood."

"But why did you...."she started saying but maybe decided that it was better to drop the subject.

Tam's p.o.v.

Gross. I had to drink Harry's blood. Ew! However I really had to. Or else, maybe I would die. Harry walked over to my writing desk and picked up my compass. He made a deep cut on his wrist and I winced as I saw it.

"Here. Drink it up. Please" he said.

"Okay" I said. I closed my eyes and let Harry pour his blood inside my mouth. I could feel a thick liquid trickling down my lips. As soon as it touched my lip, I felt like throwing up. Then, I gripped Harry's wrist and started sucking the blood slowly. After about 2 minutes of what felt like utter torture, harry said "Okay I think that's enough for you"

He pulled his hand away from my mouth. I sat on my bed breathing heavily. Harry put his hand on my head. The taste of his blood was still in my mouth, it tasted like acid. Like it would burn my throat. I wanted to ask him why he did it, but it was better to let him tell it to me himself, when he's ready.

"Don't worry. You're okay now" he said.

"Yeah" I said.

"So now, I guess now you want to stay away from this monster?"

"Why are you asking that?"

"Well, nobody ever likes me because of my monster thing and I almost killed you"

"Almost. You did not kill me"

"You're one hell of a tough girl aren't you?"

"I am" I said and smiled.

"Tam! I'm home!" I heard Niall's voice.

"Harry, I think you should leave" I said. He nodded and jumped out of the window. I was scared of him but I didn't want to lose him. He was someone who understood me. Who understood this friendless loser.