Prologue

Kona knew better. But she did it anyways. She was sick of running. Yet confronting them was a bad idea anyway. She knew that but couldn't think up any other plan. They would have to give her family back. They have to.

How did she get into this mess? All because she was born differently? Even apart from her special ability, she was different. For one thing she had heterochromia. Her eyes were different colors. One eye, blue. The other, brown. They should've took her instead of Skylar. But Skylar was found before her, sitting in her hiding spot. I'm so stupid! Leaving her alone! Kona thought. Skylar was in deer form at the time. But they found her anyways.

They abandoned their Ryne enhanced bracelet and necklace when they ran away, thinking it was a noticeable feature on their animal forms. But it would've helped in certain situations. 

Kona started picking up the scent of the vehicle that kidnapped her cousin. And the amount of unknown scents mixed with it was unsettling. Looks like they found more Magickers. Kona got more cautious when near the road. Even in fox form, she's not always safe. Sure, she can avoid some trouble. But while a fox, she can be the target of road kill or hunters in the woods. Or worse. 

Let's just stick to the plan. Plan: Confrontation, Rescue, and Escape. When Kona caught up with the truck, it was paused at a stop sign before making a quick turn. The luck in Kona's well hasn't dried up after all. 

She followed it up the dirt road. Almost losing track of it as it was heading towards it's destination. Soon it arrived with it's living luggage and Kona tracking from behind.

Don't worry Skylar, fellow Magickers. I won't stop fighting for our freedom. And I'll chase it to the ends of the earth. After all, I'm in with the chase.