Chapter Two: The Ryne Test

Kona doesn't know how she actually managed to get off the bus (or woke up for that matter). Skylar had to continuously poke, shove, and push her since she fell asleep. She's a very deep sleeper when tired or lazy. But anyone can see that when trying to wake her up.

Boy, Kona is gonna wish she got some sleep last night. She's so used to taking the Ryne Test on paper. Now they turned it into a physical exam. Ode to joy. At least she's not one of the first to go. Yet, her turn is coming up.

"Oi. Runes." Great. Mouse boy spotted her. He isn't really a mouse, that's just his spirit animal. Unfortunately, only Kona, him and his parents know that. The rest of the school, including Skylar, thinks that his spirit animal is a lion because that's what he tells them. Being rich has its perks. They are so off.

"Royce, if I wanted to be harassed, I would've worn pink on a Wednesday and risk being surrounded by fangirls and fanboys. Now, sitting on a bench trying to relax, not how I want to be bothered. Now get." Kona was proud of herself for seeming awake as she told him off. But of course the rich boy wanted nothing to do with it.

"Well, Runes," ugh her last name as a title again. Kona sighed. Why not just stick with my first name? At least we moved past 'Freak Show'. "I just came here to be polite. And I also came here to wish you the best of luck on your Ryne exam. Aren't I just a generous person? Oh, and by the way, you're next~!" Generous, no. A germ, yes.

"That is so polite of you." Said Kona, having the 'so' drip with sarcasm. "Now, watch me ace this test and you'll be so surprised with how much better I am than you!" She smirked and tried desperately to hide her yawns. Now Kona has multiple reasons not to fail:

1. So no one finds out that she's a Magicker

2. Skylar doesn't lose Kona

3. So rich boy Royce can suck it!

Too bad Kona is exhausted from last nights trauma. Or maybe that's a good thing and will help benefit her?

...

"Runes, we're going to start off with some basic running and jumping. Y'know going around the track as fast as you can, jumping hurdles, and testing your agility. Got that?" The gym teacher questioned. Kona nodded. "Good. You may begin."

Kona breathed in and rubbed her eyes. As she began she wondered how this was supposed to test her to see if she was a Magicker. The Ryne Test didn't take very long to finish, and Kona was almost done with it.

Thankfully, so far everything about her results seemed completely average. That's a good thing because it shows that she's not a Magicker.

Interestingly, the area she was in was starting to get clouded up with some type of smog. Is this part of the Ryne Test? She thought. Kona breathed it in as she went through it. Bad move.

Her ears picked up a small sound. The sound of a small mammal eating. Rat. Kona wasn't paying attention as she turned into her spirit animal unconsciously and went towards the other animal, with everyone watching in shock. She clearly wasn't wearing any Ryne accessory (the school only allows jewelry with Ryne, nothing else), and the school does not allow Ryne enhanced clothes. So it's a easy to see thing that Kona Runes is a Magicker. And Magickers are illegal.

Kona's eyes were wide when she realized what she had done. She quickly changed back and was breathing heavily. Kona had to put her hand on her chest to try and calm herself down. 

The act she had been doing for two years wouldn't work anymore not that the secret was out. Kona felt as if the world she knew it had collapsed. It would be almost impossible to attend school. Where would she live? Her mother was OK with the idea of Magickers, but now thanks to Kona, their home would be searched and quarantined. And Skylar - Wait, Skylar. Did she take her test yet? What would happen to Skylar?

"Get Enforcers out here!" She heard someone yell. Enforcers were people who tried to catch Magickers. They used incredibly strong Ryne called Ansa to maintain a single Magicker. These people don't play around when it comes to their job.

The Enforcers were out on the scene quickly. Their wrist guards having Ryne and Ansa in them. Kona was easy prey for them, due to the fact that she was already tired and on the ground. In no time at all, Kona put in restraints that stopped her from using any magic at all. These restraints can even stop "normal people" who are using Ryne.

With everyone still observing the scene, Kona was taken inside the school building. Her restraints were similar to handcuffs in a visual sense. Kona knew she had screwed up big time. Now all she could do was forcefully obey those that now had control over her. She didn't know if Enforcers had mercy or not. But if they did, she was at their mercy.

...

The current Enforcers in custody of Kona lead her to a big storage room. Inside there were other Magickers. Kona recognized some faces. Not just students were in here. A few nervous looking teachers were huddled in a corner.

Kona also noticed that she had a couple friends were in here too. That's a lot of Magickers here. As she was looking around something, or someone, caught her eye.

Skylar?! My cousin is a Magicker? How? Skylar and Kona locked eyes with each other. Probably both thinking the same thing.

"Skylar!"

"Kona!"

Both girls did their best to rush over to each other (which wasn't easy). And both tried to hug each other. After their small (difficult) reunion, they both asked the same question in cync:

"Are you alright?"