Chapter 3: Ice Cold Reunion pt.1...

It had been a couple of months now since Caitlin had become 'The Flash', and to say her job was hard would be a bit of an understatement. Everyday a problem or a meta human crisis would appear, and everyday she would go out and be the super hero she knew she could be and save the day, sometimes even with Cisco whenever he wanted to have some "super hero fun", as he called it. It wasn't as if it was hard to balance her new super hero life with her job at S.T.A.R. Labs, as they were now practically one-and-the-same.

She did have times were she slipped up and made mistakes, or when someone got away like Lenard Snart, aka "Captain Cold" as Cisco had put it, who had both stolen a Cold Gun that Cisco had created as a counter-measure against Speedsters and then managed to escape numerous times; but she learnt from her numerous experiences and failures and grew stronger from it, and as time went on she learnt more about her limits that and new potentials that her powers provided.

But they soon learnt fairly quickly that, in order to catch meta humans that either didn't commit suicide or get themselves killed, that they had needed to build a meta-human prison to contain them. To Caitlin's surprise, they had decided to build the prison down where the Particle Accelerator had exploded, and boy was it effective...however despite all of that, Caitlin found that she couldn't go down their on her own, not without Dr. Wells or Cisco at least, and even when she was down there she couldn't stay longer than a few minutes at the most.

Cisco assumed it was because of the night of the explosion itself, but Caitlin and Wells had quickly dismissed that idea since Caitlin was at CCPD at the time of the explosion. Nobody could figure out why Cait was so scared of going into the Pipeline, as the meta-human prison had now been dubbed. However, there was something else that was bothering Caitlin as well, something she had only told either Cisco or Dr. Wells about...

Ever since finding the picture and the rose on her bed in her apartment the day she became 'The Flash', she had felt like she was being watched or that she noticed someone familiar briefly appear behind her, yet she had found and seen nothing. Almost as if she was searching for ghosts. The weird thing about it though was that every time she felt like something, or someone, was there; she had always felt a cold chill running down her spine...yet not one like "Captain Colds" Cold Gun created, this one seemed...unnatural, almost alive even...and she soon would find out why soon enough!

Caitlin was just coming down to S.T.A.R. Labs one day; doing her usual routine of getting up earlier, getting a coffee and something to eat on the go from her favorite coffee shop called Jitters, and then arriving at work early to enjoy her coffee and food before training her powers or stopping the first crime/problem of the day, whichever of the scenarios came first. It was one of the few times that she preferred to go at normal speed. Don't get her wrong, she enjoyed using her speed to help her get to places quickly, but sometimes she preferred to go at a normal human pace for some piece of mind and to remind her of the simple things she may have taken for granted before the Particle Accelerator Explosion.

This time however, she was surprised when she saw that Cisco was already working on the consoles in the Cortex instead of working on some tech, or sleeping in a chair until Dr. Wells come in or he falls off the chair, or even watching something on YouTube on the console like there was nobody around at the time and he could get away with it. Caitlin caught a brief glimpse of what Cisco was working on, but not much, and from what she could see it looked like some photos from a crime scene.

"What are you working on Cisco?" Caitlin asked, catching Cisco's attention. "Oh hey. Joe called me last night for a favor. Apparently he's been getting a load of reports on numerous murders but can't get any evidence on what killed the victims or find any suspects." Caitlin raised her eyebrow to that a bit, as it had been nearly a year since CCPD had asked S.T.A.R. Labs for any help on a case, let alone a mystery one.