Chapter 6: A Night Out With Friends!

It had been a few days since Barry and Caitlin had started dating and had become a couple after Barry's near-death experience: and the two were practically inseparable whenever they had the chance to be together, and were happier then anyone could possibly imagine, which was saying something. The two seemed even more in sync with each other then they had been before Snart and Rory had kidnapped Barry and Killer Frost had taken control, and that seemed to affect their work in S.T.A.R. Labs in a positive way as well.

They couldn't be together all the time, of course, as Cait's super hero life as The Flash took up quite a fair bit of their days. They also knew when to be professional on the job as well, as both demonstrated on a number of occasions on some of Caitlin's more trickier meta-human cases when they would go either full scientist mode, full detective mode, or full doctor and patient mode afterwards.

Cisco, Joe and Wells thought it was rather commendable yet surprising that the two were able to switch between being a loving couple that seemed in sync with each other nearly all of the time, to being professional work colleagues without worry. Admittedly they weren't perfect, but then again what couple ever is, but they always talked it out and made time for each other to resolve the issue. The two though had decided to take things, ironically, slowly at first, but that didn't mean that there wasn't an annoying amount of kissing going on...or at least that was what Cisco thought at least.

Currently, "Team Flash" was working on a new case that Joe had inquired them to check out as a favour to him, and because he thought that a Meta-Human had been involved in the case: somehow one of the prisoners of Iron Heights Prison, a guy named Clay Parker, had managed to escape the supposed impenetrable and hardest prison ever to escape in Central City, yet neither the officers nor forensic teams could determine how.

Joe had managed to get written copies of the forensic analysis data, as well as some copies of the crime scene photos and written statements from the case, and currently the team were going through the evidence and details now. For Caitlin, it had been a relatively quiet day crime wise, which was a blissful relief for the speedster as it gave her both time to train and improve her speed...and spend more time with Barry whilst they worked on the case.

They had managed to determine that there was another person at the scene, and, with a little help from some DNA picked up at the crime scene and delivered to them by Joe, they had discovered that this other person was a Meta named Shawna Baez, though none of them yet knew what powers she had.

Currently Caitlin had arrived at the lab a few minutes early, deciding to not use her speak to get in despite the major temptation to do so, and she was surprised to see that Barry was already in the Cortex checking something on one of the computers. Barry Allen not being late? Now that was surprising in of itself. She smiled upon seeing him, even though his back was turned at the minute focusing on the work, but as soon as she started walking over, he turned to see her upon hearing her heels clicking on the floor and he smiled at her with his trademark Barry Allen smile that she always loved seeing.

"Morning Cait." he spoke to her, and she blushed a little at his use of that name. Barry was one of the elite few she had ever let call her that, yet now it just seemed right and even more special hearing it from him. "Barry Allen on time. I must be seeing things." she teased in response, before capturing his lips in a quick yet loving kiss when he began rolling his eyes in amusement at her playful jab at him, a kiss that he returned.

"Very funny." Barry said in an amused tone when they parted from the kiss, before sitting on a chair near the computer he was working on. Caitlin got out of her coat and put her bag down after placing her coffee down. "So, what brings you here at this time of the day?" she asked sweetly, to which Barry smiled at a bit as he pointed to the screen. "I was analyzing the particulate samples from the crime scene at Iron Heights that Clay Parker and Shawna Baez left behind. Something didn't seem right about it, so I thought I'd come in early. And the results were rather...interesting, to say the least."