prologue

"I heard Mr. Wilson got fired," said Jordyn while sucking on her lollipop. Jordyn and I had been best friends for as long as I could remember.
"Really? Why?" I replied, sticking my head out from the dressing room curtain. It was shocking to hear especially since he was my favorite teacher. He'd always help me even with the stupidest of questions, even though sometimes he'd give me weird looks.
She shrugged, "I think it was something about him trying to touch a kid." Jordyn was always so laid back, sometimes I wished I could be like her. Not have a care in the world, but it just wasn't like me.
"That's disgusting, what a perv." My face scrunched up in disgust at the thought of him doing that to me or even her. Some people could be so sick.
My focus went back to the jeans that I was trying on. I decided to just get them along with two other tops that looked cute.
"You almost ready yet?" She impatiently said.
I put my clothes back on and walked out of the dressing rooms with Jordyn trailing behind me, still sucking on that lollipop. I playfully rolled my eyes at how childish she looked.
I walked to the short line ahead of me, getting ready to pay when I noticed an older looking man on the opposite side of the store. He wasn't bad looking, in fact he was the very opposite. His hair was pushed back and he seemed to be looking at some of the lingerie. A gift for his wife I suppose. I felt myself turn red immediately when he looked my way, making eye contact with me, then smirking a second later. He caught me staring and I was so embarrassed. It was almost then when I heard the cashier.
"Next in line please!" I quickly turned my head her way. I probably looked so flustered. I felt a breath of relief when i finished paying and left the store with Jordyn giving me a weird look.