8

We returned to our original starting point to see everyone there, except Black Widow.

"Did we get them all?" Hulk asked.

"Are you telling me this actually worked?" Rhodey and smiled and I returned it.

"We did it." It was then that we all saw Clint, standing alone, with a hard look on his face.

"Clint, where's Nat?" Bruce asked. Realisation flooded over the group of superheroes. There was silence and Hulk punched the ground.

We went outside by the lake, I had my arm around my dad. The happiness we had all felt by succeeding had disappeared.

"Do we know if she had family?" My dad asked lowly.

"Yeah. Us."

Thor walked over, angry.

"What? "

"I'm just asking a question-" My dad stood up and went toe to toe with Thor.

"No you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right? So stop this shit, we're the avengers, get it together." He gritted his teeth.

"We can't get her back." Clint spoke up and we all looked at him.

"What- he- uh- what?"

"It can't be undone. It can't."

Thor started laughing in denial. "Well I'm sorry, but uh no offense, but you're a very earthly being ok and we're talking about space magic and can't seems very definitive don't you think?"

"Yeah look I know I'm way outside my pay grade here, but she still isn't here, is she?"

"No that's my point." Thor grumbled.

"It can't be undone. Or that's at least what the red floating guy had to say, maybe you wanna go talk to him, OK? Go grab your hammer and you go find and you talk to him!"

Thor was silent as Clint raised his voice.

"It was supposed to be me. Sacrificed her life for that god damned stone and she bet her life on it."

Hulk picked up a bench and threw it in the water. "She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to."

"We have to ensure her sacrifice was not in vain." I looked around at them with hard eyes.

"We will." Steve assured.

I sat with Dad, Rocket and Bruce reconstructing the Infinity Gauntlet. All of the stones were in the gauntlet, when Rocket shouted, "Boo!" From beside me.

Dad, Bruce and I looked at him.

Rocket took it out and held it up. "Alright, the glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their frickin fingers?"

Then they had an argument about who should do it. Eventually we all decided Hulk should do it, because that was the only logical option since it was mainly Gamma radiation and that's basically what he was made of anyway.

"OK remember, everyone Thanos snapped away 5 years ago, we're just bringing them back. To now, today. Don't change anything from the last 5 years. CJ get behind me."

I stood behind my dad as Hulk took the gauntlet. I looked around and realised Nebula was missing, but didn't think much of it.

"Cass, initiate Protocol 1." My suit spread over my body, and I created a forcefield around myself, Hawkeye and my Dad.

"Friday, do me a favor and activate on door protocol, would you?"

All of the doors, windows and shutters closed so that the radiation couldn't escape.

"Everybody comes home." Hulk muttered.

He put the gauntlet on and dropped to the ground, bright waves pulsing through his arm.

"Take it off! Take it off!" Thor shouted.

"No wait, Bruce are you OK?" Steve asked.

"Talk to me, Banner." My dad said.

"I'm ok." Hulk managed to breathe out and Thor gave him a double thumbs up.

He screamed in agony but eventually snapped his fingers and fell to the ground as the gauntlet fell off. I put down the forcefield and  Clint kicked the gauntlet away as we all ran over to Dr Banner.

My dad iced his arm and Hulk asked, out of breath, "Did it work?"

"I think so." Thor said. The windows and shutters opened, letting the light in.

Scott walked over to the open window, as a phone buzzed and Clint looked up.

"Dude, have you seriously not changed your number in 5 years?"

I ran to my dad and hugged him so tight. "We did it Dad."

"Yeah we did kid."

"Dad, Peter."

"Yeah I know."

"They're all coming back."

Just as I said that, something crashed through the ceiling and caused a bunch of explosions. As we were blasted away, I grabbed hold of my dad and wrapped my arms around him tightly.

I fell next to my dad and he helped me up. We walked over to Steve and Dad hit him with his own shield.

"Come on, buddy wake up. If you lose this again, I'm keeping it."

I shook my head. "What, what happened?" Cap breathed out.

"You mess with time, it tends to mess back. You'll see."

"I think Thanos is back."

"Wait what?"

"Nebula was acting a little weird, and she wasn't there when Hulk snapped. I think she was reopening the gateway to get him here."

"But how would he know?"

"Nebula does this thing where she projects memories and stuff, it's possible that Thanos saw them when she and Rhodey were on Morag because past Nebula might have projected what they were doing."

"You're a genius."

"I know."

Captain America pulled himself up and groaned. We walked outside to see Thor standing there, looking out over the rubble.

We joined him to see Thanos just sat on a rock, looking down.

"I have never wanted to be more wrong in my life."

"What's he been doing?" My dad asked Thor, not taking his eyes off of Thanos.

"Absolutely nothing." Thor replied, also staring at Thanos.

"Where are the stones?"

"Somewhere under all this. All I know is that he doesn't have them." My dad replied to Steve's question.

"We have to keep them away from Thanos at all costs." I said seriously.

"You know it's a trap right?"

"Yeah. I don't much care." My dad replied and I nodded.

"Good. Just as long as we're all in agreement." Thor conjured up lightening. "Let's kill him properly this time."