11

I was sat with my family at our lakeside cabin on the day of dad's funeral. We sat on the couch as a hologram of Dad played, that he recorded the day before we went back in time.

"Everybody wants a happy ending right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back, something like a normal version of the planet has been restored, if there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe now. If you told me 10 years ago that we weren't alone, let alone to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, who knew? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And for better or worse, that's the reality Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in. So I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting, in case of an untimely death on my part. Not that death at any time is ever timely. This time travel thing that we're gonna have to try and pull off tomorrow, it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of this. Then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end. What am I even tripping for? Everything's gonna work out exactly the way its supposed to."

Hologram Tony got up and walked closer to the helmet he was using to record it. "I love you 3000."

The hologram ended and I started crying again.

I walked out with everyone else, Mom and I each holding one of Morgan's hands. We walked down to the lake and Mom set the wreath afloat, that contained Dad's very first miniature arc reactor, and was in a glass box, and read 'Proof that Tony Stark has a heart.' It makes me laugh slightly when I read it.

Of course he had a heart. Just because he wasn't the nicest person many years ago, doesn't mean he didn't have a heart. Tony Stark had the biggest heart I have ever known someone to have. He took in an orphan off of the street, he saved the world countless times, and gave his own life to save our planet. He was judged by so many people who didn't even know him.

I looked around at all of the people at the funeral. There wasn't a single person who's heart Tony Stark didn't touch.

After the funeral, I was standing with my Mom looking out over the lake. She put her arm around me and we just stood there, doing nothing but thinking about Dad.

I saw Steve, Bruce, Bucky and Sam walking into the forest to put the stones back.

"Hey, guys, mind if I tag along?"

"Sure. Guys, this is CJ, Tony's daughter." Hulk introduced me to the others and I shook their hands.

"Hey, weren't you the one standing with Steve when we all came back?"

"Yes. Yes I was."

"I'm Sam, and this guy is a pain in my ass." He gestured to Bucky who just gave him a look.

"It's good to meet you guys. Steve here has missed you all a lot."

"Is that right, Cap?"

"Nah. She's just making things up. Not only is CJ Tony's daughter, she's also the newest member of the Avengers."

"My name's Techno."

"Alright, now that we've got introductions done with, Steve it's time to get going." Hulk fired up the gateway and Steve stepped in.

"Good luck, Rogers."

"Thanks Stark." He disappeared in time, and 5 seconds later, when he was meant to return, nothing happened.

"What happened? Where's America's Ass?"

They looked at me.

"Inside joke."

"Uh, guys." We turned around to see an old man sat on a bench overlooking the lake.

We walked over to him and it was old Steve Rogers. He gave the CA shield to Sam and told us that he fell in love.

"I'm happy for you, Capsicle."

Later on, I was standing on the porch, looking out at the water, when I felt someone stand next to me.

I turned my head to see Peter Parker stood next to me. "Hey, Peter."

"Are you OK?"

"I'll manage."

"What was it like? Living with him?"

"Amazing. He was the most amazing dad. He kept a framed photo of you, you know."

"What? No, you're making this up."

"Nope. He had a framed photo of the two of you. I think it was looking at that picture which made him decide to build the time machine."

"What do you mean?"

"When Cap, Nat and Scott first came over to ask him about it, his answer was a definitive no. He was happy, he had a wife and a daughter. And me, I guess. He finally had the family he wanted. But he looked at that picture of the two of you, and he realised he wouldn't be happy. He felt so responsible for you vanishing, it was probably his biggest regret of his life. He felt he owed it to you, you and no one else, to give it a shot."

"He didn't like me that much."

"He did. He was never one to show affection, Peter, but he thought of you as a son. I know it."

He just looked down and smiled.

"He only ever told me that he was proud of me once, one time in 5 years. Not when I graduated high school, not when I fixed his time machine, but on that battlefield when I was checking up on all of the avengers. Because he knew that might be his only chance to say it."

We were both silent for a minute before I spoke again.

"What would you think if I went back to High School with you?"

A/N I have decided to end this story here. So, this is it. I'm probably going to post an epilogue at some point but yeah I had ideas for FFH but now I've definitely forgotten. I hope you enjoyed this fic (which I'm assuming you did because you made it this far) then I'd like to ask of maybe you could check out my fem! peter fic Spiderwoman
ofc you don't have to but that one i'm quite proud of and am still working on
thanks for reading! <3