Chatper 2

The next day she wakes up only to smell smoke covering her room as she coughs harshly. She quickly gets up and out of her bed and shielded her eyes and tries to find the source of the fire which she happens to do. Finding that the fire was started on purpose and looked like someone wanted to kill her. She quickly puts out the fire with her extinguisher as firefighters arrive along with ambulance. She was able to put the fire out as she felt lightheaded. She remembers what the old man told her as she quickly packs up the box and file in her backpack with her key to the mansion that she hasn't seen yet. When the firefighters arrives they escorted her out of the house as she requested them to see how bad it was and to see if anything was still in attached. As she waits for them to return as the same old man from few weeks back walks up to her, but was stopped by cops as he told him that he was a friend of hers. They let him through and goes to sit next to her. He looks over at her then responded, "Did you kept them safe..? "She sighed and looked at him, "Yeah there in my bag.. I also got this key to a mansion but never got to see it.. " she says. He looks at her concerned but is eager to know if she was ready or not. "I can take you there if you would like to see it? " he asks. She looks at him, "After I find out if my stuff is okay.. " she responded. He nods and waits patiently for them to return. Moments later they comes back only with her military outfit and some of her weapons. "This is all we can find ma'am.. " he says as he hands them over to her. She nods, "Thank you.. " she smiles a bit and puts her outfit in her bag along with the small weapons. She sighed and looks at the old man and nods, "Okay we can go now.. " she says.

They enter his car and drives off, as she looks out of the window and saw it was snowing already, "weird... " she mumbles. Minutes later they arrive, but it didn't look like a mansion. It looked more of a facility. "Are you sure this is the right place..? " she asked. He looks over to her, "As said in the address..." He responds. She sighed and got out of the car, closing the door behind her as she walked around the car. They walk up to the front as she hands him the key, as he unlocks the doors for her. She thanks him as they walk inside, at first it looks like mansion inside but was partly like a theater in a way. She sees sleeping bags, along with bottles of different colors of some sort. "I think this is the best time to say this now.. " the old man spoke. She looks over at him as he grinned. She gets scared and confused. "You'll look great to my collection... Deary.. " he smiles. "Wh-What collection..? " she stutters. She looks at the old man. "Why my lab rats.. To see how long you'll survive.. " he laughs softly. She was scared at she tries to run past him as a invisible force that he used stopped her and pushes her back. "What the hell.. What are you...!?" She yells at the old man. He chuckles and kneels his hat down a bit and looks at her, "I'm the shadow man.. I saw your sins... Now you must pay the price.. " She froze, "but they were gonna hurt the people.. " she exclaims. "Oh if you paid more attention you would have understand... " he responds. She looks down, "Don't be sad... There's always second chances... " he says as the door closes and he disappears. She drops to her knees and started tearing up. She was looking at the ground she heard footsteps from afar along with voices nearby.

She sees a glass counter with drinks, as quickly heads over to it and hides as she stood quiet. She could hear four different people walking in, as she heard them talk. One of them was American due to having speaking English, the other was speaking in Russian accent but as drunk? As the other had a thick German accent and for the last one a Japanese accent. She covered her mouth as she slowly backs up a bit but ends up knocking over a empty bottle which caused it to shatter as the four men paused and looked over at her, as she frozed in fear; fearing for the worse to come...