4. Mirrors

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚

EYES DARKER than midnight, walking behind him, his sweat mixed with the scent of death, swallowing harder now, his breath unbothered, where was the effect she got promised? Her little monster felt hungry, was she really that greedy? Glowing, the bright red light under the bed kept calling, and attracted she took a step away, What if she couldn't run away this time?

Breath ran faster inside her lungs, eating her from the insides, the pain unbearable on her shoulder blades as blood trickled down, trembling, her first death. Red, everything was slowly turning red. 

"It's a trap, isn't it?"

"Keep talking and I'll cut your tongue off."

Unbothered by his answer, her choke around his neck loosened up, and all her inhibitions cut through his skin. Her deep brown eyes stared at the mystery called him, she always loved his alter ego. 

"You're afraid," she whispered, tearing the skin off her finger, her blood had the same acidic taste; would she ever see herself? Hearing footsteps approaching them, those stupid voices coming from inside, no, she was irreplaceable. Hiding behind closed doors, her fingers playing with his black curls, and when she got closer to his neck a light sting made her smirk triumphantly; she could taste it, his venom. 

"It 'll only last for a few seconds," she whispered near his ear, his cold eyes staring back with no emotion, his hands trapped between her legs, but before she could proceed with her twisted ideas, his words made her stop, "I'd rather kill myself than be near you. " 

Pushing her away, she tried walking with him, a deep glare that he didn't want to communicate, Wasn't he attracted at all? Unlocked, the door that was hanging above them, was a dystopia. Searching inside his pockets, the deep voice that sent chills inside him made him walk inside the shadows, his head hanging low and his submissive eyes staring at her bloody hands. He was afraid, Jeon Jungkook was afraid of the monster that was now calling his name out loud, "Jungkook", surprised, his thoughts trailed off, "Run".

Her eyes were a deep purple, and her face horrific, as much as he had loved her he could never trust himself near her again. It was all a lie, a hallucination. A game his mind had created just to humiliate him, to make his life a living hell, for all the mistakes he had made, she was the one chosen to pay the hefty price. 

"You're dead," his fists tightened, blood rushing to his head, he promised himself he would never go back to that place and he was already breaking his promise. His dry throat kept him from engaging more, she was dead, he had killed her. Not once, but multiple times. 

Frozen, he stood in that place, and while staring at that frame, he got stuck between madness and sorrow. What ifs resurfacing, if only he could trade his pointless life for her to live another day, like a normal person, away from the monstrous world he was born into. 

The place became darker every time Sejeong took a step, and the distorted self stared back at her. No, Scarlet wasn't the reality, she was heartless and obsessive, and she was only a reflection. No, Scarlet was actually the force that controlled her life. A vicious, cruel, dark, and extremely dangerous force. Her fingertips over her red lips, another death. Her long nails dug inside her forearms, letting out a loud cry, her eyes looking at her other self, the self-destructive, the compulsive, and the manipulative. No blemishes, pure perfection.

"You can never escape me." 

Echoing across the dark hallway, a loud scream she was saving for this moment, with no hesitation she broke the mirror that blocked her way, and the one next to it, and every mirror hanging on that hallway fell on the ground and grew thorns of gold, grabbing a large shard of glass she could feel her insides boiling from uncontrollable anger. One last mirror that was hanging on the wall had the last remaining of her sanity in it, but as it fell on her, it devoured every existing piece of her humanity. 

"I'll kill you!" she shouted in despair, blurred tears mixed with her blood, stabbing her reflection, the sharp piece like a flying dagger digging through her skin, crying out she felt herself collapsing on the ground, with her audience applauding the final performance. The perfection of divine execution only Scarlet would ever be able to achieve. Satisfied, she was finally a flawless executor, a minister of art. 

"You killed her. Your jealousy killed her."

Spinning over her head, the flying dagger, hot and bloody, her third death. Night collapsed, and demons surrounded her corpse, dancing around it like there was no substance within her, she was their master, the true villain. 

Witnessing her rebirth, resurrected, Scarlet marching around her, dragging her body around, no pain could ever top this feeling, Sejeong was ultimately lost. 

"Kill me!" she pleaded but the dark shadow had already decided her fate. Covered in her blood, the cold surface they had placed her on had already a deep brown color smeared on it,  forcing the dagger deeper into her chest, another cry escaped her lips, the fourth death. She could never beat her. The fifth death. 

Feeling a powerful shake on her shoulders, her vision was still blurry, and his dark eyes looked somewhat concerned, it was still her, yes, she was trying to fool her. Biting his hand with all the strength that was left inside her, he quickly stood up and growled at her, the compassionate act of trying to manipulate her would not succeed. She tried to stand up, but the sharp pain near her abdomen kept her lying on the ground, a cough escaped her bloody lips and the words he uttered she could not listen. She wouldn't win, until one of them was dead the battle would never come to an end. 

"Kill me now," she let out with a voice that was raspy and hoarse, and his hands, which were stained with her blood, pushed deeper into her open wound, the blood of his mate stained the hands of his true self; a self-absorbed butcher, a cold killer, a bloodsucker. 

He could finally see it now, her true self, the restless deceiver.