Chapter 1.

Arabella Miller.

Love. What is love? Love is complex word, many individuals use that word to describe care and a deep feeling of affection. Many people fall hard whereas for some people love is just nothing. It's a waste of time.

I used to love, love. However, ever since Leo Knight broke my heart: my heart hasn't healed. I hate love now. Ironic right?

Right now. I'm picking a dress to wear for a formal gathering at my parents mansion. My parents Owen Miller and Alice Miller have been married for 27 years, they've had a few bumps along their relationship, but nothing too serious. I, Arabella Miller was born to them on the 14th of November 1994, two years after their marriage.

I have a older brother named Josh Miller. He is an attractive male with brunette hair and defined cheekbones. My brother is a womaniser or a playboy you could say. Even though, how much I hate him for using and throwing away girls , I still love him since he is my brother.

Apart from that, my life consists of me waking up at 8am to get ready for my job. I am the CFO of my fathers company whilst Josh is the CEO of Miller & Co.

I also part time work as a model as I've always had the desire to be one. My brother is totally against it, because I apparently show 'too' much skin. Funny how he picks girls that have the most sluttiest dresses on.

I put on a blood red sleeveless dress that reaches till my thighs. I pair the dress up with some black 5 inches Louis Vuittons. I stroke on some black eyeliner, powder my face and finally apply some red lipstick. Twirling around in the mirror, taking a final look at myself, I head towards the car my father has sent to pick me up.

I sit down and pour myself some champagne, my mind wanders off to my past memories with Leo. I shouldn't be thinking about him. Would that be classed as cheating on Chase?

Chase is a guy I've been going out with for a couple of weeks. He's a total sweetheart and I like to be around him. Maybe I'll love again? Who knows?

The car comes to a halt, snapping me out of my thoughts. I get out of the limousine and head inside to the mansion.

I spot my Father and Mother and hug them.

"Hey pops! I missed you!" I say as I hug my father and he returns it back.

"Didn't you miss me?!" I hear my mother fake gasp.

"Of course i did! Come here mum." I say opening up my arms for my mother.

She hugs me and my father joins us in a group hug.
Our hug is interrupted by someone coughing.

Let me guess? Josh.

"What do you want josh?" I say sarcastically as I break apart from mother and father.

"Have some respect for me. You see I'm your older brother." He said slinging his arm around my shoulders.

"Don't worry Joshie. I still love you." I say emphasising on 'joshie'.

"Don't call me that Ari!" He says pouting.

He can be a pain in the arse sometimes.

"Why not Joshie?" I reply back trying to piss him off.

"You know what you enjoy yourself whilst I go and talk to some people." He says patting my back.

"You mean girls."

"Oh piss off already." He says and walks off with me laughing hysterically.

"Arabella! Please come here." I hear my father call out.

I make my way towards my father and mother who are engaged in a conversation with a man around their age.

"Yes dad?" I question and pay my regards to the man.

"Arabella. You see me and your mother have decided that you will marry Mr King's son to improve the stock rates and help boost the companies financial income." He said holding my hand and giving me a little smile.

"Are you joking or something? Because it's not funny dad." I say with a straight face retrieving my hand from my fathers.

"I'm not Arabella." He says.

"I'm sorry Dad. But I can't." I tell my father.

"Arabella please meet his son before you make your decision. Please." He says with puppy eyes.

"Ok! Fine and stop the puppy eyes act." I say chucking.

It's not like I'm going change my decision. I just agreed so I could give father some hope. I don't want to marry a stranger. You're stupid, if you thought I would.

"Oh dear! There he is." I hear Mr King say.

I turn around to see a man coming our way. He was wearing a pitch black suit with his hair combed to the side. He looked particularly familiar. Maybe we went to the same college?

He was getting closer to us when I saw his blue eyes, I immediately recognised him. It was him. My nightmare.

"Leo." I said breathlessly.

"Arabella." He says shocked.

We stare at each other for a while before, Leo turned to his father looking for an answer.

"Oh you know Arabella! That's great! This is your bride." He says with a big smile plastered on his face patting his sons back.

"Dad. I can't just leave Simone! I love her for gods sake." He says angrily.

"Same Dad. I'm going out with Chase! I can't just leave him." I tell my father.

"You only have to be married for 3 years. Then if you wish you may get a divorce and go your separate ways." My father tells us both.

"But dad-

- no buts Leo! It's final. You and Arabella are getting married! End of discussion." Mr King says and walks off with my parents.

I do admit when Leo said he loved his girlfriend, it broke my heart. Me being stupid, thought he would still love me. How ironic can my life get!

"Arabella." Leo says and I turn around to face him.

"Can I talk to you outside?" He says with his teeth gritted.

Oh boy! This is not going to end well.

"Now." He growls and I follow him outside like a lost puppy.