☆Six: Rosali☆

☆126 reads! Woaa! Tysm!☆

Nyanah and I hopped onto kapp'n's boat. I could tell Nyanah wasn't comfortable there, but I didn't know why. Or particularly care. I sat down in front of where Kapp'n was trying to start the boat.

"H-How long..." I started, holding back tears. I swallowed. "How long will it... Take?"

Kapp'n, who was starting the boat's engine, turned around.

"How long will what take?" He scratched his head. It looked like he hadn't showered in days.. weeks... months... I don't know. But despite my current state... ew.

"To get... there." I responded.

"Uh... I'm not sure. At least two or more days." Kapp'n turned back to the boat's engine.

My mind took a bit to fully register those words. 

At least... Two... or more

"At least two or more days?!" I blurted. Nyanah, who was sitting to my left, glanced in my direction, annoyed.

"Yea, two or more days," Kapp'n said.

"But—" I began to argue.

"Rosali." Nyanah cut me off. "Two days is not that much,"

"Two days might as well be two years!" I cried.

"Listen," Nyanah said. "Would you rather stay a week at home and wait for the train, or spend two days on a boat."

"Thanks for the pep-talk." I said, and turned away. Nyanah sighed, and mumbled to herself before pulling a book out.

The boat—Kapp'n finally started it—Began to slowly move away from the boat and out to sea.

I watched Lunari village, my home, as it slowly moved further and further away until I could no longer see it. For the first time in weeks, maybe months, I felt... Anxious. Maybe because we're on water, in the middle of literally nowhere, with nothing but ocean around us, or maybe I didn't want to leave Lunari...

Or maybe I was scared for my father.

I pushed my anxiousness down to my stomach and grabbed two apples, gave one to Nyanah and ate the other one. I'd only packed six, so we'd have to be careful eaters.

One step at a time, all I have to do for now is worry about getting there. I told myself as I adjusted my posture, my aching back, and aching... Butt.

Kapp'n suddenly started singing.

"Me soul, onward it sails

  Me belly, it ails

  I'm so glum, 'cause me turn—"

It was nice, I guess, but I wasn't really in the mood.

"Sorry, Kapp'n, your singing is nice," I said, trying to be polite. "But... Could you stop?"

Kapp'n sighed and nodded, but proceeded to whistling.

I shrugged and glanced at Nyanah. She was still reading her book, noticing nothing around her but her and her apple.

I grabbed my bag with one hand, holding the apple in the other. Maybe I just need something to read. 

I opened my bag, and sighed.

How am I supposed to find my book with one hand?!

My bag was a mess inside; clothes, fruit, shoes, socks, flowers, ore...

Carefully, despite my rumbling tummy, I set my apple down on the edge of the boat and began to wildly rummage my bag.

My elbow bumped something, and I turned around just in time to see my apple fall into the sea. I couldn't grab another one, because I'd only packed six.

Great. Just great. Let's hope I don't mess up the rest of this two day trip with my clumsiness.