lost and found

The night was dark and cold as the young Shouto Todoroki fled from his home. He wasn't aware of where he was going he just knew that he needed to be out of the wretched household. He had nowhere to run to and if his father were to follow he had no place to hide. He only had his hoodie and his small backpack of belongings he had managed to snag before leaving. Nobody at UA was really close to Todoroki, they were all too intimidated by him and his father's legacy. Todoroki had a strong quirk which he wielded but compared to his father he was nothing but a miniature snow globe.

As Todoroki ran farther and farther he found himself lost. He didn't know where he was in town and he didn't see anyone he knew to ask. There was a sudden tap on young Todoroki's shoulder and he bolted from where he had been standing and started running down the street again almost falling face first. He didn't know who was behind him and he didn't want to check. The person behind him had been shocked because the steps didn't start up straight away but soon there was a set of feet jogging after Todoroki.

Todoroki couldn't stop, he couldn't let himself. His chest was tightening as he gasped needily for breaths but his lungs wouldn't cooperate. A sob managed to escape his gasping lips. He didn't want to stop but he was slipping into a panic and he needed to stop or he would pass out.

The footsteps caught up and then stopped. Whoever had been chasing after Todoroki put a hand on his shoulder and he (Todoroki) almost screamed.
"Todoroki is that you?" a quiet male voice said and Todoroki recognized that voice from somewhere. He looked up very slowly to meet the green-haired boy's gaze... Midoria?

Todoroki dropped to his knees in relief and he sobbed loudly gaining a worried look from the shorter boy.
Izuku dropped down beside the other and pulled the other close so he (Todoroki) rested against his (Midoria's) shoulder.
"It's okay Todoroki, let's get you to my house and I'll clean you up okay?" Izuku said quietly as he rubbed Todoroki's shoulder and as much as Todoroki wanted to decline he just couldn't, he was covered in blood, cold and hungry... he needed a place to stay and so he slowly nodded in agreement to Izuku's offer.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*time skip*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Midoria opened the doors to his house and he led Todoroki inside. Midoria hung up his jacket and he went to the bathroom.
"I'll run a bath for you and while you wash up I'll get you some clothes and make you something to eat," he said gently and he turned on the hot water with a bit of cold as he heated up the bath.

"You don't need to... I can just regulate the temperature of the water while I'm in there..." Todoroki said. His voice was cold and low but it wasn't harsh... just regular closed off Todoroki.

"It's really okay Todoroki it's not a big deal, you just relax okay?" Izuku said sweetly and he lit some candle melts and a calming aroma lifted into the air. Izuku very gently pets Todoroki's head before flashing him a smile and leaving the bathroom.

When Izuku was gone Todoroki could finally stop acting tough and he dropped to the ground. He balled up his hands into fists as tears bordered his eyes. His quirk was unstable and the bathroom floor began to get icy.

Izuku was in the kitchen getting some food ready and he got the couch ready for Todoroki to stay the night. He felt a chill run down his spine and so he went around the house checking the windows and doors.

Todoroki managed to pull himself together enough to get out of his dirty clothes and he slowly lowered into the bath. He rinsed his face with the water and took a shaky deep breath.
'Im pathetic, a waste of space and I'm just going to burden Izuku by staying...' went through Todoroki's head and started to cry again. The water was changing temperatures really fast and Todoroki was beginning to hyperventilate.

Izuku hadn't found anywhere a draft could be coming from so he knocked on the bathroom door.

"Todoroki... are you okay?" he (Izuku) asked quietly. He waited for a reply but due to the lump in Todoroki's voice, he couldn't.
"Todoroki I'm coming into the room okay?" he said quietly. Todoroki freaked out and the ice on the floor flew up the door locking Todoroki in the room alone.

Izuku tried the door but it wouldn't budge. He sighed and he tried to focus on using all for one at 5%. He tried the door again and it opened but he sprained his finger. He saw Todoroki shaking and losing it in the bathtub and he carefully walked over the ice and rested his hand on Todoroki's head pulling him into his warm arms.

"I've found you and I'll watch over you," He whispered as he held Todoroki.

((THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!! I haven't finished watching bnha yet and I'm definitely not up to date but I know what I know from fanfictions and I hope I'm doing okay! If you have any suggestions please comment and let me know))