chapter 10

After I arrived back to my apartment I seen Ryan walking out of his room as I shut the door behind me and I was about to walk into my room when he pulled me towards him, I was inches away from his face which only made me try to hold my composure since he was close enough to me that I could feel his breath on my face while we stood there just staring at each other without saying a word the entire time until the silence was broken after he gently placed his arms around me and hugged me as he softly whispered that he missed me while he was on the road, I would be lying if I said that I didn't miss him, I missed the way we sat around watching movies late at night, the way he would joke around whenever I was upset about something,  and the way he would hold me when I needed a shoulder to cry on. He was the one guy that I wanted to come home to after a long day and it didn't matter if he felt the same as I did but he needed to know how I felt about before it was to late but my one chance was ruined by a female walking out of his room while she was making sure the bath robe she was wearing covered her up good enough so nothing was showing.

Raelyn: I didn't realize you had a friend over

Ryan: I forgot to mention that she was here. Skylar this is my room mate Raelyn.

Raelyn: it is nice to meet you Skylar.

Skylar: pleasure to meet you too, so Ryan what do you say we go back to my place like we suggested?

Ryan: right, let me finish packing my things and we will I promise.

Raelyn: leaving so soon?

Ryan: I'm surprised your father didn't tell you...

Raelyn: tell me what?

Ryan: I quit the band today after I was offered a better deal working for a different band.

Raelyn: well that is great news. Can we talk in private?

Ryan: sure, Skylar can you go wait in the truck for me please?

Skylar: okay but don't take to long because we have a long road ahead of us.

I waited until she was in the hallway until I began to speak with him about how I felt.

Ryan: what's on your mind Rae?

Raelyn: do you really have to leave? You just come back home.

Ryan: I'm afraid so but I will come visit you I promise.

Raelyn: I want you to stay with me.

Ryan: why?

Raelyn: because I love you.

Ryan: i'm sorry but I don't feel that way about you, I have to go... Goodbye Raelyn.

He handed me the spare key and walked out of my life without saying another word while I watched him as I felt my heart break in two pieces.