Back Again

The kids were back on the train again, and Molly was with them for the first time. She was excited to be starting her journey at Hogwarts and was even more excited to be able to learn so much. Her father, Percy, was distraught about sending his only child away, but Ginny had assured him many times that she would have a large group of people takes care of her. She would make 15 people in their group of tight-knit friends. 

Just as Ara had promised, she had seen James at Diagon Alley a couple of days after their date, and they had gone to all the stores together. It wasn't the best afternoon, though, because many of their classmates and girls from other years were constantly coming up to James even if Ara was standing right there holding his hand. Ara had found the entire thing irritating, and they had even been in a small argument about it. She was jealous, and she didn't care if it was dumb or not. She hated how they all just stood there and talked to him like she was invisible. 

"Ara, it doesn't matter how many people talk to me. They don't really care. They like the fact that Harry Potter is my father. Why can't you just let it go?" James was tired of having this same conversation.

"I care because they pretend I'm not there. I mine as well shouldn't be." Ara threw her hands up in the air and started to cry. She felt dumb, sad, angry, frustrated, and jealous all at the same time, and she didn't know how to deal with all of it. James pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back.

"I wish they didn't bother you so much, but I don't know what you want me to do about it. It isn't like I'm going up to them and flaunting about." 

"I want them to stop. I want you to make them stop." Ara looked at James, desperately trying to get her point across.

"Alright." James sighed, not knowing how he was possibly going to do that. He didn't want to fight with her. He figured that would be the end of it. Maybe he didn't understand. 

Ara was in better spirits on the train. She was holding onto James's hand tightly and talking animatedly with Mary about OWLs. She seemed to be the only one that was excited about taking them and James smiled to himself, happy that she was in a better mood today. Perhaps that was the end of it. 

"Those are not until the end of the term. Could you please drop it," Hugo looked over from the other side of the compartment? Ara frowned. Those two never really got along and seemed to be at odds with one another more than normal. James gritted his teeth; he knew this was going to be bad. 

"I'm sorry I didn't think to do well on an exam was so irritating." Ara spat back. 

"Well, it is when we haven't even arrived at school yet. All you do is talk about exams and schoolwork. I honestly don't know how James stands it." Hugo looked angrier than normal, and his sisters started whispering at him in hushed tones. 

Ara didn't have anything to say back at that. Her eyes welled up, and she looked at James, horrified that he hadn't said anything in her defense. Hyperion and Scorp were quick to join in with the confused look that occupied their sister's face. Even his little sister looked as if she was waiting for him to back up Ara. 

"Hugo," James got up and walked over to where he was sitting. They whispered for a while, and then James came back over. 

No one said anything for a while. Finally, Milly and Margret spoke up. 

"He's just upset because," Milly started.

"Um...Well, basically, our parents are splitting up." Margret finished the uncomfortable sentence. 

"He didn't mean to take all his anger out on you, Ara. He's really sorry." Milly picked up again. 

"They are bonded for life; they cannot split up. Marriage in the wizarding world is for life." Lysander never looked up from his book saying this, but then his eyes grew wide. That was probably not the best thing to say.