Christmas

It was already Christmas, and everyone was converging on the Burrow for Christmas dinner. Ara was happy to be joining everyone again this year, and Scorpius was, of course, excited to be back at the Burrow to have some of Mrs. Weasley's food. 

"Mrs. Weasley!" Scorpius smiled at her as he burst through the door. She didn't think that anyone loved her food more than the oldest Malfoy boy. 

"Scorpius, come on over here," She smiled at him, and he waltzed into her kitchen. 

"Yes?"

"You love my food so much, darling; I thought this year you could help me some," 

"Really?" Scorpius came closer to the counter and listened to the instructions carefully, and began his task quickly. Hermione laughed as she sat down in one of the chairs near the kitchen. She had always been apart of this family. Ever since she was little. With the law, though, she didn't know if she would continue to be. It was silly, of course, to think she wouldn't be. She loved it at the Burrow, and her oldest son shared the same love for it. It was a sight watching Scorpius cooking with Molly Weasley.

"Scorp, don't mess anything up. I am really looking forward to supper," Ara laughed from the living room. Her comment earned a glare from her brother, but she just laughed it off. 

"How do you think he is going to do?" Hyperion sat next to his sister. 

"Great, he cooks well enough at our house, and now with the guidance of Mrs. Wealsey, he might be really great at it," Ara helped her younger brother up onto her lap, and soon their three younger siblings covered Hyperion and Ara's laps. 

"Daddy!" Carina hopped off her sister's lap, though, when her father entered the Burrow. 

"Hello love," He scooped her up in his arms and hugged her before hugging Hermione and the rest of their children. 

"Well, this is new," He smiled, nodding toward Scorpius.

"It's great," Hermione sighed. She loved all love coming from the house. 

"Hello Draco," Mrs. Wealsey hugged Draco, and he hugged her back. It was like she was hugging all of the pain that he was carrying around away. She had that ability, and he was grateful for it. 

"Ara," James had just entered the Burrow, ring in his pocket. He had been antsy all day, and his parents were confused as to why. When he jogged over to her and pulled her into a hug, they figured it was just because they hadn't seen one another in a couple of days. They had no idea what was to come later in the evening. 

"Mother," Ginny gave her mother a hug and then her father. Ever since Cissy had died, the Weasley children spent more and more time at the Burrow with their parents. They didn't want to lose any time they had left with them. It was a reality check. Cissy was young and seemingly healthy.

"When is everyone else arriving?" Mrs. Weasley looked around at the lack of people in her house. 

"Not sure mother, I am sure they are going to be here soon. The boys wouldn't want to miss supper," Ginny laughed and then pulled Hermione into a hug. "How is Draco holding up?"

"This morning was hard for him, but he kept saying under his breath that she was sitting on her favorite bench in Paris with a young uncorrupted Lucius, and that apparently is bringing him some peace. 

"So mate," Hyperion was whispering to James as quietly as he could, "Are you doing it tonight?"

James just nodded, patting the pocket of his jacket. He didn't care how hot it would get in here with everyone. He wasn't going to lose the ring.