Trade off

Funny things tend to happen while we sleep. Time seems to move quick and dreams seem like reality but nothing could compare to what happen to Sora. It all started when he woke up and was greeted by a blond boy sleeping next to him.

Of all the things Sora could have done. The moment his eyes landed on the blond he scream. He scream his lungs out. "Ahhhhh" His screams woke up the sleeping boy. He jump out of the bed and scream as well "Ahhhh"

When he was a little less creeped out, Sora recognize the blond "Ventus, what are you doing in my room?!?!"

"First of all I'm Roxas and second of all  what are YOU doing in MY room? In MY bed?" Roxas said furious. He was not a morning person, he liked his sleep. So being given a little heart attack at 6 in the freaking morning was not ideal way to wake him up.

Sora looked around him. Indeed this was not his room, even though there were some similarities like the star lamp next to the bed, the toy boat hanging from the ceiling, the bed next to the window not to mention the random clothes scatter on he floor. But his room had light blue paint, this room had light orange paint on the walls, there was a vanity place on the left side of the bed and  curtains covered the window. Sora loved watching the night sky, he wouldn't dare to cover it. "Where am I?"

"Like I said my room. Now can you tell me who are you and what are you doing here?"

"S-Sora" he stuttered. "I-" he was interrupted by Roxas' loud gasp "I know you! Your that kid from the mirror!"

"Kid! For your information I'm 19 almost 20" outrages, Sora was not a kid, for god's sake he was in college and paying bills.

Roxas crossed his arms over his chest and gave him a smirk "Really? Cuz you still look like a 15 year old"

The brunet pouted and narrow his eyes at him.  And at that moment a loud sound of bells rang. The sound you hear from a grandfather clock when it marks 12.

Startle Sora twirled around and open the curtains. The light coming from the window made his eyes hurt and blinded him but he force them to focus. There stood the most amazing sight he had ever seen. There were flowers everywhere, from the walls on the colorful houses to the flower beds scattered across the streets. And right there in front of what seem to be the middle of town was a grand castle. Its pink and purple towers high as the eyes could see, almost as if they wanted to touch the sky. It was all beautiful and Sora was terrified.

"What happen to my islands!?" The brunet said panicking.

"What are you blabbing about?"

"Where am I?"

"Radiant Garden" Roxas said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Sora had never in his young life had heard of a place call Radiant Garden. Not to mention this place looked like it came out of a fairytale.

"What am I going to do now?" sadness combined with panic started to overwhelm Sora, and it showed. Then Roxas patted Sora's head and with a warm smile said "everything will be alright". The blond never knew what to do when others were in need of consolation,  this action was very surprising for him. As weird as it was it seem to work, the brunet calm down. "Now that you're here, how about a tour?"

"Can we go see that castle?" Roxas nodded and with all previous sadness forgotten, Sora jump in excitement and said "OK, let's go!" 

---------

Other side of the mirror

As Ventus woke up the first thing he notice was the damp and hot atmosphere, different from the cool fragrant air he was used to, it made him wonder if he was still sleeping.  Reluctantly he looked out the window, the view made him hold his breath.  He was awestruck, the sky and water seem to fuse into one, if not for the islands seen from a far you wouldn't be able to tell them apart. The colors of the islands rage from greens to reds from its immense screen of vegetation. 

"Where in the world am I?" He wondered as he looked around. His eyes landed on a boy, sleeping on a chair next to the bed. "Sora?.... No" this boy had black hair. Who was this? Ventus wondered if he should wake him up or not, but before he could get to an answer the young man open eyes revealing a beautiful golden color.

When their eyes met Ven awkwardly wave and said "hi".

"Who the hell are you? And where is my idiotic brother?" Vanitas asked annoyed. His stupid brother had run off again even tho he fainted las night.

"I don't know ....."

"I stayed here all night so he wouldn't run off and the idiot escaped" Vanitas eyed Ventus. He hadn't seen this guy before, was he a new friend of Sora perhaps. "And you are?"

"Ventus..."

"Ok Ven, your gonna help me find my brother"

Ventus was in no position to help. Not because he didn't have shoes or the fact that he was still wearing his pjs, it was because he was more likely to get lost. " Why do you need to find him so badly?"

Vanitas sigh "Sora has anemia and he fainted yesterday. I was going to take him to the doctor today"