O

"Kim Sunhee! This is not the first time you're late. Go to your seat! I'll talk to you after class." She yelled.

Kim Sunhee?

Jungkook thought as that name sounded really familiar, but he didn't know from where.

He looked at the girl walking sadly back to her seat before he reached an epiphany. Could it be?

He thought even harder, focused on the way the girl walked to her seat as the other students glared at her and gave her nasty looks.

"Typical Sunhee, always such a troublemaker." One girl tried to whisper, but obviously wanted her to hear.

Jungkook was so focused on what was going on, that he didn't realize that the girl took a seat right beside him without sparing him a glance.

She laid her face on her palms as she stared out the window. Something in her face wanting to be free, but trapped.

He wanted to say hi and introduce himself, but was interrupted when the teacher called everyone's attention.

"Okay class I know this early, but I'm going to be assigning your first project that's due in two weeks." Mrs. Song says as all the other students started to groan.

"But Mrs. Song–" A guy complained.

"No buts! Besides, you guys won't be doing this alone. You will be working with a partner to make a presentation!"

"Wait!" A girl yelled while raising her hand. "Can we pick our own partners?" She asked looking over her shoulder to get a small glance of Jungkook who was already writing down the assignment in his notebook.

"No! Your partners will be the person sitting next to you. That way it'll be easier for me to manage who's working with who." She said.

The girl glared at Sunhee, who still was absentmindedly looking at the window.

***

Finally, after their first three long classes, they were finally given a break to go to lunch. As Jungkook was packing up his stuff, he decided now was his chance as he noticed his said partner to leave.

As Sunhee stood up, he stood up right in front of her which startled her. "Woah! Where did you come from?"

He chuckled. "I was here the whole time."

"Really?" She asked, scratching her hear looking around him. "Huh. Guess I didn't notice."

He frowned. "You seriously didn't see me?"

"Nope!" She said, bluntly as she then began walking away. Something about him did seem familiar though.

"Wait!" He stopped her in her tracks. "I actually wanted to talk to you."

"Oh about?"

"Ah well– you see... I–" he cut himself off. What was he going to say? Hi, remember me that random kid you met in the park forest about ten years ago? Yeah, because a normal person would totally remember something small and insignificant like that.

"I wanted to talk to about the project since we're going to be partners."

"Oh–" she said as her face seemed disappointed. Nonetheless she shook it off and brought back her smile. There was something so enchanting about that smile that Jungkook smiled along with her.