-

"Why do you look so upset?" Sunhee asked as they both say together, side-by-side on the log together.

The girl was eating away her apple as the latter sighed into his hands as he slowly rubbed his face and brushed back his hair.

"I missed my tournament. My parents are going to kill me." He groaned.

"Hey, don't feel bad about that. It's okay if you miss one game."

"No, it's not!" He accidentally screamed which caused her to jerk back, a little startled. She looked down and pouted her lips, feeling bad.

He saw her expression and apologized. "Sorry." He said softly. "It's just that I never missed a game in my life. I just messed up my perfect record now! I'm supposed to be perfect and I messed up." He covered his face with his hands again as he felt the tears slightly building up in his eyes.

"Hey, no one is perfect." She said looking at him gently.

"Well I am!" He said not taking his hands away from his face. "At least I was. Now, what's worse I'm going to come home empty-handed."

"Hey, you're not going home without nothing," she started off saying. "Cause now you have... an apple!" She exclaimed as she pulled the second apple out.

He took the apple from her hand with glum expression. 'Thanks." He mumbled as he took a quick look at the apple before rubbing it on his uniform and taking a bite.

He sighed as he chewed his bite. The both of them sat in momentarily silence as they ate.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" She asked, breaking the long silence between them.

"Sure."

"So are you always like this? Perfect?" She asked.

"Yeah. In my family, you always have to be perfect." He said.

"Always?"

"Always."

"Why do you care so much about being perfect?" She asked. Her eyes were wide, filled with curiosity and wonder.

He thought about it for a moment. "Because... Everyone expects me to be perfect." He said.

"Why do you care so much about what other people think?"

"Because my parents said I have to."

"Why?"

"So I can be the best and make them proud of me."

"Why?"

"So I can be successful in the future?"

"Why?"

"So I can be happy."

"Are you happy?" She asked which took him by surprise.

He rubbed the nape of his neck. "Yeah. I mean... I guess. I don't know."

She smiled at him. "So what makes you happy?"

"Helping people. Being a good student. Hanging out with my friends." He started listing out. "That's why I need to be perfect!" He exclaimed.

"I still don't get it though. Why do you need to be perfect for all that?" She said, her entire body now shifted to be completely focused on him and his answer.

He started rubbing the side of his arms. "I don't know." He spoke. "I guess... I just want people to like me." He whispered, biting his lips, embarrassed of what he said.

"But so many people like you already!" She exclaimed.

"Oh yeah. Like who?" He asked, turning to look at her. A slight tint of pink fell upon her cheeks as she stared at her untied shoelaces.

He noticed her look and got up to kneel in front of her. She shook a little in surprise when he started to take her shoelaces in his hands and started tying them for her.

"The bunny went around the tree and went into it's hole and out came two little bunny ears." He said, as he recited the little tale his teacher said about tying shoelaces.

He stood up. "There you go! Now you won't fall." He said proudly, seeing her admire the perfectly crafted bow on her foot.

She looked back up at him. "Thank you." She said so delicately. The pink on her cheeks now blossoming into a rose, as she blushed harder.

He noticed the flustered look on her face and he too, started getting the same look as he took his seat again beside her. "No problem."

Another moment passed before he asked her what he always wanted to ask.

"Hey, what would you do if you were me?" He turned around and sighed as his face painted a sorrowful look.

"What should I with my life?" He finally asked.

He realized that the atmosphere became quiet as he turned and saw her staring off into space, finishing her apple. He wanted to change the topic, but his curiosity also grew as he sat silently and waited for her answer, wondering what she would say.

She took a moment, pondering the question until she finally reached the core of her apple. She plucked off one of the seeds before finally turning to him with a big smile. She took his hand and placed the seed in his palms.

"I don't know," she started off as she looked him deep in the eyes.

"Maybe start living it."