L

"Just say it." A now twenty year old Sunhee said as she was walking down the path to her dorm, holding her lover's hand.

"Your parents really do hate that we're still together, don't they?" She asked l as her voice laced with sadness.

He sighed, holding her hand tighter as they continued walking silently in the middle of the night.

"No." He said, clearly lying through his teeth.

"Don't lie to me Jungkook. Every since high school you chose to dorm and go to college with me when you could have done so much better and you've never went back home for breaks for the past two years." She sighed. He looked the side, deep in thought.

It's true.

He knows it's true.

And he knows Sunhee would figure it out eventually. He kept his best to change the topic or distract her whenever the issue came up these last two years and succeeded, however this was different. He knew he should come clean.

He squeezed her hand tighter, almost afraid to let go.

"Yeah. You're right."

"Just tell me Jungkook. It's been long enough and I'm tired of ignoring it.'

He took a deep breath. "Okay. The truth is... My parents wanted me to break up with you."

A long second passed before she turned away. "I knew it–"

"But obviously that wasn't going to happen. Not when you never did anything wrong. I could never do that to you." He said, cutting her off.

A long pause brushed by them. The silence was almost inescapable as nothing but the cold, harsh sounds of cackling autumn leaves and the night wind was being heard as they continued their walk.

"Maybe you should have." Sunhee finally said, her voice faint almost like a whisper.

That's when she was pulled to a sudden stop as Jungkook held his ground and pulled her in closer to him.

He didn't say anything at first and only stared right into her eyes. She would be lying if she said that the cold expression on his face didn't scare her.

"You have no idea what you're saying." He spoke.

"I–"

"It wasn't an easy choice. But I would never regret the decision I made!"

"Jungkook." She softly whispered.

He looked at her gently before letting go of her hand and reaching into his pocket. She simply stands there still, staring at his actions.

He pulls out a small box before opening to reveal a silver ring.

Sunhee eyes open wide and she slightly starts freaking out. "Jungkook!? What are you–"

"It's a promise ring." He chuckles, cutting her off. He takes the ring out and puts the box back into his pocket not long before he takes her right hand and slides the ring down her small, slender finger.

She holds her hand up to her face as she inspects the ring closely.

"It matches the ring on my hand. This is just my way of promising to be with you for a long time and that hopefully we could have a future together." He says softly. He then fakes a cough then looks away, shyly. "That is if you want to."

Another moment passes before she starts to smile brightly and holds his hand again tightly.

"Of course I want to." She answers. He smiles back clasping their fingers tightly together as if their hands were meant to fit perfectly together like pieces of a puzzle.

"Well then don't worry about my parents. Just focus on us and we'll get through anything. Together."

And with a promise ring on both their fingers, they walked the rest of the way back to Sunhee's dorm.

Right now and for the next couple of years beyond, the only thing perfect was being there for each other.